"Trees don't grow to the sky" - page 4

Maybe we should dig into the Law of Universal Gravitation.

It's all Newton's fault, isn't it?! :-))

I suggest we change the law.

LeoV >> :

Below I'm showing charts of real pams that are stuck and can't get any higher.

Maybe it would be more correct to call such a picture a "pipser's ceiling". You gave examples of severe pips trading. And pips trading with big lots is impossible. The larger is the lot, the worse is the execution - slippage kills scalping as a result. Probably, every pair of "scalper/broker" has its own ceiling. The tactic is possible - to make a small deposit, reach the "ceiling", withdraw money and start over. But in this case trading on PAMM account is senseless for a stable Pipser. He or she can find his or her own funds for the starting deposit and determine his or her "ceiling". And PAMM accounts are interesting only for medium- and long-term traders for whom slippage and spread widening are not crucial. A stable long-term trader with 100% p.a. - is a super trader (I read somewhere that Buffet's calculated average return - about 40% p.a.).
Now in the brokerage company with PAMM accounts (where those pics are from) there is a funny situation - most "investors" are ready to invest small money - from 100 up to several thousand dollars and of course they are not interested in such a "trifle" as 100% per annum and they stand in a queue to Pips market, and they are discouraged by investors and do not increase volumes, because they quickly reach their "ceiling". All of the above is imho, of course.

LeoV >> :

Do you think it is possible to have a crazy and endless equity growth of the 100-1000-10000% per month type? Is it possible to go from $100 or $1000 to tens of millions, or is it just a dream? Are there any TPs that have been making insane amounts of money all the time? It is clear that we can get lucky sometimes, but is it possible to do it on a permanent basis?

Below are charts of real pammers, which stuck and can't get higher.

UNEQUIVOCALLY NO... NOT EVEN A SHADOW OF A DOUBT...

I'm full of "grails" that successfully bring super profits for a month or two ... the third month is worse ... the fourth month requires editing the code ... so any machine is doomed to soave or drawdown (sooner or later)

piterpen писал(а) >>

+1

Unfortunately this is how it is, except for the fact that in some brokerage companies you can hit the ceiling without any pips... Conclusion: outgrow a broker - change it in time.

mql4com >> :

I know only one working way to make profits on a regular basis (as the risk is minimal) - high-frequency trading (HFT. Usually at news time) between ECN venues. This is a permanent income. For this you need decent funds, excellent technical capabilities and a staff of programmers. For example, in Russia it is done by the algorithmic trading department of OTP Bank.

The head office?

OZ0 >> :

>> Head office?

>> I can't say.

mql4com писал(а) >>

I can't say.

"Don't say it, write it, paper will take it" .....))))

OZ0 писал(а) >>

Head office?

Why don't you do a search ?

Может надо "копать" в сторону Закона Всемирного Тяготения?
Во всём трёклятый Ньютон виноват?! :-))
Предлагаю поменять закон.

For some reason I've always disliked the phrase "gravity". It's kind of old school.

And don't insult the scientist. Ignorance of the law does not absolve you of responsibility.

piterpen писал(а) >>

A possible tactic here is to raise a small deposit, hit the 'ceiling', withdraw the money and start again.

Exactly, the sheep have to be sheared in time.

In general, I agree with your post and Figar0's addition.

Reason: