Counsellors to whom. Lots of them and for free! - page 16

rider >> :

You contradict yourself......

You argue with the market, it loves them.

Has anyone tried using trailing stops? What types have had an effect?

Has anyone tried floating stop loss and take profit systems?

zfs >> :

Has anyone tried using trailing stops? What types have had an effect?

Has anyone tried floating stop loss and take profit systems?

Such tactics need to be tested on each strategy individually. That is, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. In some cases, a trawl will give an extra boost to one's pension, in others it will send one to the papier.

Gentlemen! Please advise me on algorithm of work/optimization with already "generated/downloaded from repository" EA(s).

Suppose there is an EA with "default" parameters, in the tester it was losing 150p from 05.04.09 to 11.04.09, but in real trading it has made 75p of profit...

I can use it as an optimizer, it shows great results (better than default), but it lost profits from 05.04.09 to 11.04.09... What should I do? Should I set new, "optimised" parameters for my EA?

And what about other EAs? How to optimise them correctly? For example, an m1 EUR advisor (with "default" parameters), from February to April is profitable... But it is losing from December to February... During optimization, it shows parameters that do not lose even in December to February... Is it worth setting optimized parameters to your Expert Advisor?

The idea is to divide the deposit into several parts and put several EAs for different pairs at once. The only question is, how to intelligently optimise the EAs?

interesting question

Reshetov >> :

Such tactics need to be tested on each strategy individually. That is, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. In some cases, a trawl will give you an extra boost to your pension, in others it will send you to the papier.

What type of trawls have had any relative positive results?

Shniperson >> :

Gentlemen! Please advise me on algorithm of work/optimization with already "generated/downloaded from repository" EA(s).

Suppose there is an EA with "default" parameters, in the tester it was losing 150p from 05.04.09 to 11.04.09, but in real trading it has made 75p of profit...

I can use it as an optimizer, it shows great results (better than default), but it lost profits from 05.04.09 to 11.04.09... What should I do? Should I set new, "optimised" parameters for my EA?

And what about other EAs? How to optimise them correctly? For example, an m1 EUR advisor (with "default" parameters), from February to April is profitable... But it is losing from December to February... During optimization, the Expert Advisor shows parameters that do not let it lose even in December to February... Is it worth setting optimized parameters to your Expert Advisor?

The idea is to divide the deposit into several parts and put several EAs for different pairs at once. The only question is, how to optimise them correctly?

Well, you should read a book...

is there no more discussion?

Found a remedy for the hangs with a big minus for these strategies, I do not always want or can close by hand, and optimized stop is too remote, and because the strategy is not quite logical, but rather fitting, I recommend using the standard indicator ADX, to exit the deal when the strong movement in the wrong direction. A pro-optimised system gives a smaller drawdown and the returns remain of the same order. Maybe someone can tell me if there are other indicators that characterise the strength of the trend.

I've noticed the following thing, a position is opened with double lot for reversal, but OrderCloseBy function doesn't work for some reason. This results in two orders: 1 to buy, 2 to sell in a double lot (or vice versa). It can be seen on the chart as a broken dotted line. Maybe we should change the line to: while (OrderCloseBy(ticket, prevticket, Blue)==false); that is, until the OrderCloseBy function runs correctly.
Reason: