Ask and bid line on top of S&P500 graph.

Hej guys.

This is prolly an easy one but please be patient, I just ditched my old system and started with mt4 today and this far I can just say...wow.

First off please instruct how to go live with a indicator ? I tried downloading and writing in metaeditor but falls on playing the thing in the mt4, how do I transfer and find it in the navigator as a indicator ?

I tried reading the manual but it just goes around and round in endless loop lost in noob details and never comes to the executing and all of sudden i have scrolled to the end without finding anything of use, if there is a distilled manual that gets to the point or lists with variables & operators please link.

I need mt4 to chart just three lines, ask and bid line on a 1hour/5min chart together with es mini to see trend reversals.

Kindly Peter. 

pema:

Hej guys.

This is prolly an easy one but please be patient, I just ditched my old system and started with mt4 today and this far I can just say...wow.

First off please instruct how to go live with a indicator ? I tried downloading and writing in metaeditor but falls on playing the thing in the mt4, how do I transfer and find it in the navigator as a indicator ?

I tried reading the manual but it just goes around and round in endless loop lost in noob details and never comes to the executing and all of sudden i have scrolled to the end without finding anything of use, if there is a distilled manual that gets to the point or lists with variables & operators please link.

I need mt4 to chart just three lines, ask and bid line on a 1hour/5min chart together with es mini to see trend reversals.

Kindly Peter. 

Replying my self. Sometimes its just to easy, for other newbies, compile indicator, copy to metatraders home dir/indicators, restart mt and there it is.

I have not solved the bid/ask-lines, any contribution is appreciated. 

pema:

Replying my self. Sometimes its just to easy, for other newbies, compile indicator, copy to metatraders home dir/indicators, restart mt and there it is.

I have not solved the bid/ask-lines, any contribution is appreciated. 

Hi pema

You can activate the bid and ask lines in the chart options (right click on chart then properties). You will see options in there for turning on/off bid/ask lines. If you still can't see them, check the colors tab and make sure they are a different color than your background color ;)

Filter:
Hi pema

You can activate the bid and ask lines in the chart options (right click on chart then properties). You will see options in there for turning on/off bid/ask lines. If you still can't see them, check the colors tab and make sure they are a different color than your background color ;)

Hej Filter.

Thank you for reply. I have seen the bid line but it does not bring me any value if I can not compare with historical data. Togheter with tick&trin, put vol and vol I hope to track es mini better and get a better idea of whats going on and whats coming if I can visualise bid/ask levels in a 1hour/5min chart. Im starting to realise this might be impossible for a turtle.

Reason: