Who has what kind of iron? - page 8

YuraZ >> :

I7 2.6 (I haven't overclocked yet but I can boost it to 4-5 ghz) is seen by WINDOWS as 8 processors

12GB DDR3 1333

2.5 terabyte disk array with 2 terabytes of it for storage and the database,

500 RAID Strip for 3 x Strip speed i.e. 3 threads, only plans to upgrade

video is pretty bouncy took for modern monitors 22-24,high resolution 1920-1800

ASUS P6 X58 WorkStation Pro is a good motherboard I like

---

LINIX 64, ESXi virtual machine on top

( I7 supports virtualization on CPU Microcode level - i.e. special commands)

furthermore inside for development - there will be operating systems - tests - necessary software

---

If you write it in C, your tester will be orders of magnitude faster than MT4

moreover it can be built as 64bit

alas, from MT4 there is no release on 64 bits because 64 bits increase for MT testers

though the market is moving towards 64 bit and probably developers will prepare two releases sooner or later

32 и 64

---

for market calculation such hardware is not principal

I took the machine as a multi-purpose machine.

although it tests very fast

Yuri, you definitely get a golden statuette in the "coolest iron - for the family home" category. I have two questions "Why? When you can do less" and the second question "How cool is it supposed to be?"

In general, the potential of 64-bit applications lies more in their compilers than in the hardware which runs them. Tanenbaum wrote about it already. In so far as no really effective 64-bit compilers have been created (it will take years and is related to use of artificial intelligence), then we have to use what we have.

It would be cool if MT could use GPU, prices are with floating point, and this is a GPU trick.

And it would be cooler if MetaQuotes did not invent their horse, but simply licensed some C/C++ compiler and ported it to the MT environment with the addition of MT standard functions libraries such as iClose(), OrderSend() etc. The benefits would be enormous: 1. Full capabilities of real C, powerful parser, code efficiency... The list goes on. But I think the methaquote developers won't do it because they have invested too much effort and too much time in their brainchild (a very decent one, by the way). This compiler has become like a child for them, and they don't refuse children.

Mathemat >> :

What is a professional systems writer, C-4? If it is not a local respected coder writing EAs on commission for money, then who is it in that case?

My understanding is that it goes like this.

1. A system is written.

2. Compiled.

3. tested.

4. After a while, an idea comes along to make the system even simpler. It is rewritten.

5. It is compiled.

6. It is tested.

7. After some time new functions are added. The system is updated.

8. Compiled.

9. Tested.

9. It turns out that something does not work correctly. An error is found (often (and almost always) with recompilation and retesting)

10. It is tested.

11. Now everything works correctly. But it turns out that the code organization created for the initial idea is inefficient and practically unmanageable. The need to rewrite the application's architecture to fit the new tasks arrives...

12.while(){ //don't try to compile it

Compiling;

Testing;

if(application architecture==cool && no_errors==cool && result==cool && ...)break;

else {brain=cool;iron=cool;}.

}

Here's a simple, common example relating to programming and MQL in particular. But if the "brain=trax" line cannot be excluded, then there is a natural desire to exclude the "iron=trax" line, for which a cool iron is purchased.

Interesting. It turns out that I am a professional systems writer. Thanks for the compliment. By the way, where is the money for professional labour in this scheme?

Perhaps I chose the word professionally wrong. Instead it would be better to use interested on a regular basis.

In general, the idea is that after a certain amount of time spent at the compiler one reaches certain professional results and with it the annoyance of slowness of the machine increases, too much machine time is spent and the critical moment comes: throw away the old hardware and buy a new one.

C-4 >> and there comes a critical moment: throw away the old iron and buy a new one.

Or change dope, as I was advised here, without explaining the meaning of these words. It probably meant "throw away the old system and get on with the new one".

C-4 >> :

Yuri, you definitely get the golden statuette in the "coolest iron - for the family home" category. I have two questions "Why? When you can do less" and a second question "How cool is it supposed to be?"

First, pass on the promised statuette.

Yura, don't forget to pay the tax.

Mathemat >> :

Or change the dope, as I've been advised here, without clarifying the meaning of these words.

Spit it out. Or really change it :))

Changed, changed (ideas). There seems to be a positive outlook. And the hardware is contributing. Although it's funny to see how the new hardware sometimes runs out of resources. But again, this is because of not very good quality dura :)

If only the iron were to solve the problem at hand. How simple it would be.

Reason: