Now let's be clear, do patterns work? Let's discuss) - page 2

Jingo писал(а) >>

do patterns work?

Do you think there are patterns that don't work at all? Would it be a pattern at all?

I think there are definitely patterns!!! For example, night is followed by morning and then day, etc. But there are no patterns on the forks! Otherwise everyone would be "aligarchs Leopolds" and "millionaires Svtelan"... Everything depends on volumes, on many random circumstances... Of course one can always win... but to do so one has to have a huge deposit and sit in drawdowns for years/months...

So there is no pattern in forex, there are some situations where there are several probabilities of different sub-situations)

Jingo писал(а) >>

so there's no pattern in forex

It's a matter of who has it and who doesn't.....everything is relative.....

Only one thing I know )
There's a Trend and there's a Correction, they always have been and always will be
# Catch the trend, all right, Catch the trend #)
Catch the trend ) voila, we catch a correction
I think that's enough =)
But how to identify a correction, etc. ) We just take a small time frame and everything runs up to the heartburn there and the percentage ratio is very good
And pipsing, but not so good as to catch 10 pips with the current volatility )
I have no idea how to make a profit with this, but I have to think and think )

LeoV >> :

And it's a matter of who is and who isn't.....everything is relative.....

But the amazing thing is that both of them sooner or later leak...

Figar0 >> :

Do you think there are any patterns that don't work at all? Would there even be a pattern?

Yeah, that's where you're going wrong.

(Statistical, in Forex it is) regularity is a form of manifestation of causality that is expressed in consistency, regularity, repeatability of events with a high enough degree of probability if the causes (conditions) that generate the events.

a pattern can appear and disappear ;)

Shniperson писал(а) >>

But the amazing thing is that both of them sooner or later leak...

Everything in this world is mortal......

Jingo писал(а) >> a pattern can appear and disappear ;)

There are fairly stable patterns that work for quite a long time. There are just periods in the market when they don't work and you have to be prepared for drawdowns - but that's a matter of MM......

Jingo писал(а) >>

Yeah, that's where you're going wrong.

(Statistical, in forex it is) regularity is a form of manifestation of causality that is expressed in a sequence, regularity, repetition of events with a high enough degree of probability if the causes (conditions) that generate events.

A pattern can appear and disappear ;)

I'm reversed correctly, if one speaks of a pattern it already implies either it worked or it works. Otherwise it is not a pattern but just a coincidence, an accident... And whether the identified pattern will work in the future is something we should be interested in, we can only speculate with a probability that depends only on the pattern itself.

Reason: