The FLET formula - page 4

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

(implying that, in the market, there is no concept of Flat),

No one has proven that.
So it can exist.

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:
No one has proved that.
So it can exist.

If we can't unambiguously define the concept of "flat" - that fact proves that, it doesn't exist.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

If we can't unambiguously define the concept of 'flat' - that circumstance proves that, it doesn't exist.

)) Reminds me of "meteorites don't exist because rocks don't fall from the sky".

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

If we cannot unequivocally define a flat, this proves that there is no flat.

We can and I have already given the definition. A flat is a movement in which there is a greater than 50% chance of each next move changing direction.
Price has passed 50 pips, if 51% of the time 50 pips up is followed by 50% of pips down, then it is a flat movement.

Maxim Romanov:
We can and I have already given the definition. A flat movement is a movement in which there is a greater than 50% chance of each successive move changing direction.
Price has passed 50 pips, if 51% of the time 50 pips up is followed by 50% of pips down, then it is a flat movement.

But what about 49?

has anyone studied the math here? or at least just read...

For a significant T , sqrt(integral(ATR,T)) shows the deviation of the price when the bars follow "different directions".

If the current price deviation is higher, it means that bars are moving in the same direction, i.e. we havea trend.

If it is much higher, it means that all bars are pointing in the same direction, i.e. it is an impulse.

Thresholds can be chosen according to your taste :-)

Алексей Тарабанов:

How about 49?

Then the trend

Ihor Herasko:

)) It reminds me of "meteorites don't exist because rocks don't fall out of the sky".

Good😂

I don't think this is a fundamental question, but I will add my five cents.

A flat is a segment of horizontal price movement with approximately the same amplitude.

The inevitable consequence of this circumstance - aspiration of the averaged amplitude to zero. It is not difficult to detect it. The main thing is to identify the point of the supposed flat beginning.

Maxim Romanov:
So the trend

Correct, a Flat is a sideways, oscillating, rightward trend with zero expectation of amplitude. There is no such thing as an absence of a trend or movement.

Reason: