Dedicated to co-founders and beginners - page 3

Xadviser писал(а) >>

...At this moment all distances between points are zero. Find the relative position of the points in some coordinate system at time t2. All distances between all points at time t2 are known.

I don't understand, explain in more detail what you want to build, if the distances are known, you are already in a coordinate system, otherwise you wouldn't be able to calculate. It is possible to pass to any coordinate system knowing transition matrix (there are a lot of them http://www.exponenta.ru/educat/class/test/showitem/?item=62), say polar, spherical, etc.

sayfuji 05.11.2008 18:12

To be honest, I don't really understand the task at hand. Trying to represent a 2D image in volume? Then you need additional data. Or at least a convention, you need something to abstract from.

Maybe the image in the archive will give you an idea?

Prival 05.11.2008 23:45

Not clear, explain in more detail what you want to build, if the distances are known, you are already in a coordinate system, otherwise you would not be able to calculate. You can move to any coordinate system knowing the transition matrix (there are many http://www.exponenta.ru/educat/class/test/showitem/?item=62), say polar, spherical, etc.

Dear Ilya and Sergey I am quite satisfied with the available solutions. It would be interesting for me to familiarize with other variant, as probably (only probably) it would be interesting and would lead to interesting ideas, but I hardly imagine the analysis of three-dimensional graphs on the flat monitor, and I do not have a volumetric one yet :) I.e. it is a task for inquisitive minds.

I will repeat it once again. Figure 4 shows two graphs. One shows the relationship between ALL currencies, i.e. the graph shows by how many PERCENTS EVERY VP has changed from a given point. This solution is possible in 2D. However, different ratios between the course of the VP and its percentage change from a given reference point must be taken into account. This is possible by applying a different lot size to each VP, which is not always convenient. The second graph shows all ratios in points only in relation to the dollar, i.e., the graph shows by how many points each dollar EP has changed from the given point.

Of interest is the solution showing the change in POINTS for ALL VPs from a given point.

I did not find such a solution in the 2D version and assumed that such a solution can probably be found in the 3D version, but I did not look for it as I find it difficult to analyse such a graph.

Xadviser писал(а) >>

Part 7. CONCLUSIONS

- The market is not predictable, because it is a competition between market players. - Is it rivalry between players or do the rules of the game make the outcome unpredictable? Do examples of games in which rivalry decides nothing, and the rules of the game decide everything, matter for your conclusions?

Rate hikes have nothing to do with economics or economic data (and the news accordingly). Or are the jumps irrelevant in the sense of an interpretation in the direction of exchange rates (i.e. inconsistent with someone's rationale for predicting which way the news will drive the rate)?

- The organizer, in addition to endless profits (which he already has) has other goals. - Another conspiracy theory. Of course it cannot be falsified. Isn't it? And what is its value, other than the joy of acquiring esoteric knowledge (read: knowledge that does not apply to anything)?

- All currency pairs entering the market tend to dynamic equilibrium. This is a property of the EP. The equilibrium can be disrupted by a "disagreement" with the equilibrium of the participants**, i.e. their joint action.

- The market is in dynamic equilibrium. It is a property of the market.

You can use these properties in trading by forming a portfolio of necessary IPs and dynamically changing it depending on the market situation and your own strategy . Keep in mind that a change in currency ratios does not correspond to a change in pips. - You say, dynamical equilibrium is a property of the market and it will help us. You may answer: "How to form a portfolio based on this property?", "How to choose EPs?", "How to dynamically change the portfolio?" and "Under what market situations?"?

In my opinion, your conclusions are some mush of everything. I, for example, also know some properties of the market and let's say I imagine they can be used. Concreteness, in my view, arises when I can answer the questions of how, when, how much, why etc. What concrete thing do you propose to do with currency relationships other than admire the shapes they draw on the charts?

Xadviser писал(а) >>

2. the answer is sort of given in the text. Do you think the entire(!) Australian economy can "fall" relative to the Japanese economy by almost two(!) times in three(!) months. For reference, early August AUD/JPY=102 late October = 56.

In my view, your very loose interpretation of "the whole economy = the exchange rate" leads to the sort of logically correct conclusion "since the economy hasn't halved, the economy has nothing to do with the exchange rate halving". The exchange rate can change for a variety of reasons. You have completely baselessly rejected the hypothesis that the exchange rate depends on the state of the economy, only because other reasons have an equally strong influence and do not allow you to identify the movement of the exchange rate with the movement of the economy.

Vita писал(а) >>

You have completely groundlessly rejected the hypothesis that the exchange rate depends on the state of the economy, only because other reasons have an equally strong influence and do not allow the exchange rate movement to be identified with the movement of the economy.

I would be grateful if you could enlighten us about the other reasons as to their source and how they can be used.

Vita >> :

It seems to me that your conclusions are a mess of everything. For example, I also know some properties of the market and I suppose I can use them.

Share, I would appreciate it.

Can you answer: "How to build a portfolio based on this property?", "How to choose the EP?", "How to dynamically change the portfolio?" and "Under what market situations?"

I too would be happy to have everything handed to me on a silver platter. Despite the fact that I use a certain methodology based on the above material, I cannot say that it is close to perfection. If it comes close to it, I will share it. I think there are a lot of variants for use. If this material helps someone to make a right decision, I would consider my mission accomplished. I suggest you take a closer look.

There is a property of the EaP exchange rate - volatility, it changes. It goes down and up again. And how can this be used? :)

meta-trader2007 >> :
There is a property of the EaP exchange rate - volatility, it changes. It goes down and goes up again. And how can this be used? :)

Volatility is not a property of the EaP exchange rate, so it cannot be used.

Xadviser писал(а) >>

Volatility is not a property of the EaP rate, so it cannot be used.

Can I be more specific? Whose property is volatility according to you ?

Prival >> :

Can you be more specific. Whose property is volatility according to you?

Right...in general it seems that volatility is one of the main properties of VP( currency pair).

Already been digging in this direction for some time now. :))

Reason: