Crisis: Don't we care? - page 48

timbo >> :

Is that a confession about being a brainless puppet? Self-critical. Or are you not a puppet, and the puppets are someone else, but you don't like their puppeteers out of solidarity with those puppets?

On the other hand, even allowing for the version about those creepy puppeteers, America has achieved a lot in spite of (or thanks to?) them. And what have the dear Russians under the leadership of the non-puppeteers achieved? Do we see any logical inconsistencies?

Well if you don't pay taxes you are definitely a Nekukla - congratulations, and the film is worth seeing, although it is painfully Zyuganovian

timbo >> :

Why do you dislike America so much?

We don't like it for its American humour:

On 6 July 1884, Tesla arrived in New York. He took a job at Thomas Edison Machine
Works) as a repair engineer for electric motors and DC generators.

Edison was rather cold to Tesla's new ideas and more and more openly disapproved of the direction
of the inventor's personal research. In the spring of 1885, Edison promised Tesla 50,000 dollars (at the time
the equivalent of about 1 million modern dollars) if he could constructively improve
the direct current electric machines Edison had invented. Nicola set to work hard and soon
introduced 24 variations of Edison's machine, a new commutator and regulator, vastly improving
performance. While approving all the improvements, in response to a question about remuneration, Edison
refused Tesla, remarking that the emigrant had so far failed to understand American humour. Insulted, Tesla immediately
quit.

and in all seriousness, for this: The development of anti-Americanism

And by the way, German and Japanese cars are better than American cars.

cabluk >> :

don't like it for its American humour:

and more seriously, for this: The development of anti-Americanism.

>> and by the way, german and japanese cars are better than american cars.

It is interesting to see how they (america) get their hands on international business - Lukashenka got a loan (IMF) before the new year - I thought - screw it. And then yesterday they show on TV how Caterpillar is urgently overhauling BelAZ...

Here's my 5 pennies:
Source: http://anekdot.ru/a/an0901/j090127;10.html
This man came to power at a time of chaos and devastation. The former might of his homeland was lost. A country that had once been a great power was now the laughing stock of the world. Political, economic and social chaos reigned. Respect for authority was lost and everyone did as they pleased. The economy was crippled by a monstrous inflation and a ruined industry. In his first eight years in power this man lifted his country out of its knees. He stopped inflation, restarted production, rebuilt the army. He restored his people's trust and respect for their government. He revived and in some sectors surpassed the economic might of the past. Many other powers were very unhappy with this revival, but the man overcame their resistance and got the whole world to recognise the power of his country anew. True, not everyone was happy with his reforms. Many freedoms have been destroyed. The man centralised power in his country and actually restricted many rights. Liberals in particular were unhappy about this, as were many ethnic minorities. But instead of freedom came stability and law. The vast majority of the people in his country approved of his actions, and who would listen to the rest? In his first eight years in power, this man restored the greatness of the state, and made his country reckon with the world. And the man's name was Adolf Hitler. What did you think?

cabluk >> :

>> and by the way, german and japanese cars are better than american cars.

Victor Pelevin: "Nothing gives away a man's belonging to the lower classes of society like the ability to understand expensive watches and cars"

Zet1972 >> :

It is interesting to watch how they (america) get their hands on international business - Lukashenka got a loan (from the IMF) before the new year - I thought - shit. Yesterday TV showed Caterpillar's urgent BelAZ rebuilding...

I take it that the Americans are forcibly giving loans. The BelAZ was seized by Caterpillar's paramilitary special forces. And showing something on TV is definitely the truth in the last resort.

All my life I thought political speeches like Obama's inauguration were just blah-blah-blah. Turns out they're not. The Russian media deliberately distorted the meaning of his speech when translating it, i.e. it hurt someone very badly. Keep watching your TV.

BARS >> :

A kick in the balls or a punch in the gut are the fastest and most painful :)

We're doing teleportation in time-shifted worlds in a nearby thread... )))) So if we live long enough)))

Yuri, we had a dynamization too, no problem. Didn't die. :)

The Pindos will not die either, but they will have to pay the bills. And there the whole country lives on credit, from the average deadbeat to the Fed.

The point is that when the Yeltsin family instigated the 1998 default in Russia, only the state, not the average citizen, was living on credit. That's why the default was solved by a simple robbery of the taxpayers.

The Americans have no chance of such an outcome, because they are all living on credit from bubbles. There is simply no one to rob, because the US taxpayers are also in debt as deep as silk.

timbo >> :

Victor Pelevin: "Nothing gives one away as much as the ability to know about expensive watches and cars."

I didn't understand - is it those who understand only expensive cars or cars as such (expensive ones to budget ones to middle class ones like D class) ?

timbo >> :

I take it that the Americans are forcibly giving loans. The BelAZ was seized by Caterpillar's paramilitary special forces. And showing something on TV is definitely the truth in the last resort.

All my life I thought political speeches like Obama's inauguration were just blah-blah-blah. Turns out they're not. The Russian media deliberately distorted the meaning of his speech when translating it, i.e. it hurt someone very badly. Keep watching your TV.

>> you got that right.

timbo писал(а) >>

It is my understanding that the Americans are forcibly lending.

And who else but the Americans have the ability to give dumping loans to "naive and short-sighted democracies" who, in pursuit of their momentary "gain" and desire to hold on to power, are probably even willing to sell their mothers? They have the machinery, they can print as many quid as they want at the price of paper and ship them anywhere... And then they get their hands on everything that has any value in those "banana republics". That is why they live parasitically. And who likes parasites? At the same time, they shout the loudest about freedom, democracy, markets, competition, etc.

Nothing has changed fundamentally since the purchase of one island from the Indians for beads and firewater. To cheat, to steal and to prosper. Of course, you have to give them credit for their ingenuity and "far-sightedness", especially the politicians and economists of the 19th and 20th centuries, that's where the smarts are. But I personally cannot bring myself to love them. I have to thank them for the crisis, in fact it's all due to their desire to live beyond their means, to consume more than they produce...

But if the world leaders are not all corrupt and have their heads besides the American one, we may learn some good lessons from the crisis, it is nice to see. Let's hope so.

Reason: