Crisis: Don't we care? - page 46

granit77 >> :

Well, not so fast, you'll kill your own people.

5.2 л.

It's all right for ours, we're a raw material base after all.)

if only the FAS would blow the horns off the cartelists

This is roughly how the year ended...

granit77 >> :

Well, well, not so fast, you'll hurt your own.

5.2 л.

Yes? Do you have an Audi R8 as well? It seems a bit stiff to me lately.

JavaDev >> :

This is roughly how the year ended...

Does this trajectory of the dirty green paper relative to the yuan before the crisis remind anyone of anything?

I'll give you a hint. It's a parabola. It's a free-fall trajectory.

from which we can assume that the crisis has delayed the flight to its destination - the abyss

sabluk >> :

Does this trajectory of the dirty green paper relative to the yuan before the crisis remind anyone of anything?

I'll give you a hint - it's a parabola, i.e. a free-fall trajectory

from which we can make the assumption that the crisis has delayed the flight to its destination, i.e., the abyss.

It is clear to thinking people.

Read articles by Dmitry Golubovsky here: http://kf-news.ru/category/kolonka

It's all perfectly spelled out. No one could explain the causes of the crisis and its essence better than him.

Another crisis read, there are interesting aspects of the narrative that I found interesting. I'm just reading it at the moment.

Download it:

http://torrents.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1361188 or http://slil.ru/26460208

Currency intervention could exacerbate the crisis

The global currency market continues to experience sharp fluctuations in major currencies. The high volatility of this market raises fears of the authorities, who believe that such significant changes in the exchange rates of major world currencies could exacerbate the crisis, reports Reuters.

This week, amid excessive fluctuations of their national currencies authorities of Japan, the EU and the U.S. are getting ready to intervene in the global currency market. However, experts say that such intervention risks governments devaluing their currencies so much that the world economy will end up on the brink of a depression rather than a recession.

"The authorities now risk a return to the 1930s, when currency devaluation was one of the main causes of the collapse of the global financial system," notes RDQ Economics lead economist John Riding. Back then, the authorities' attempt to stabilise the global currency market led to a sharp rise in protectionism, resulting in trade restrictions. As a result, most countries found themselves unable to fight the contraction of their economies due to falling exports. "All countries have started a race to reduce their currencies. However, it is unlikely that this will lead to anything good," said Omer Eziner, lead analyst at Ruesch International.

Meanwhile, the Japanese authorities have already said they are "worried about the sharp rise in the Japanese yen", and France has demanded that the Bank of England intervene in the global currency market and prevent the British pound from falling further, which has fallen to a near 23-year low against the dollar. The Swiss franc, on the other hand, is rising at a record pace and the Swiss central bank has said it may intervene to prevent further revaluation of the national currency.

Analysts note that the global currency market will be one of the main topics at the G7 and G20 meetings. Meanwhile, one senior official said on condition of anonymity that the G7 meeting in February will pay particular attention to the British pound sterling, which fell to $1.3502/lb at the end of last week. By comparison, back in July 2008, the pound was still being quoted at around USD 2/lb.

According to some market participants, the current situation can only worsen the crisis. Of course, Japanese and Swiss authorities will not make a strong devaluation of their currencies, says Robert Blake, a leading currency strategist of State Street Global Markets. "As the financial crisis worsens, countries with strong national currencies are having a tough time. It's not surprising that the Swiss and Japanese authorities want to weaken their currencies slightly," says the expert. However, it should not be forgotten that a smooth devaluation can get out of hand.

According to Barry Eichengreen, economics professor at the University of California, it's better for the authorities not to interfere with what's going on in the currency market at the moment. "Right now it's better to focus on fiscal policy," says the expert. According to him, the only thing the authorities of most developed and developing countries can do is to inject money into the economy. According to rough estimates, the total amount of already announced plans to help the economy was about USD 2 trillion. At the same time, IMF economists say that only the United States will need at least another $1.5 trillion to rebuild its economy.

26 January 2009.
"c" http://top.rbc.ru/economics/26/01/2009/276416.shtml

BARS >> :

I have already written that the rates are mostly in the corridor of their purchasing power parity, and this corridor is always floating. If in 2005 the rates were close to (just to memory, not exact, I did not deal with Forex market then) 1,26-1,36 for example, it is not surprising to see quotes decrease from 1,6 to the same corridor, when the dollar strengthens.

As I have been told by "reliable sources", the quid won't last two years, the US economy will collapse. It doesn't even stand a chance, as the collapse is going all over the place like metastases.

As to the current growth of the American dollar amidst this very ruin, it turns out that several large countries have accumulated too many American securities in the form of debentures. In order to get rid of them before the depression, a joint decision was made to artificially support and keep the dollar at a sufficiently high level for a while. Even the price of oil had to be sacrificed for the sake of it.

Otherwise, how else can we get rid of American junk unless we create the appearance of "increased demand" for their junk?

So that's the pie.

Reshetov писал(а) >>

I have been told by "reliable sources" that the quid will not last two years, the American economy will collapse. It doesn't even stand a chance, as the collapse is spreading like metastasis everywhere.

Even without credible sources coming to the same conclusions.... It is not for nothing that rumours are circulating that the states are quietly printing the Amero. The main thing is not to miss this moment when the quid goes into its last dive...

Figar0 >> :

The main thing is not to miss this moment, when the quid goes to the last peak...

>> from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Signs of a tsunami

A sudden rapid retreat of water away from the shore for a considerable distance and the bottom drying up, with the noise of the surf being silenced. The further the sea recedes, the higher the tsunami waves can be. People on shore who are unaware of the danger may stay behind out of curiosity or to collect fish.

Reason: