Scripts: Listing all MT4 Signals' properties to a CSV file.

Listing all MT4 Signals' properties to a CSV file.:

This simple quick & dirty script code will output a CSV file of all the Signals' properties as reported by the MQL4 Trade Signals functionality.

Listing all MT4 Signals' properties to a CSV file.

Author: Fernando Carreiro

Hi, I managed to download and set this script on to the Navigator column. But when I tried to "Attach to a chart" nothing happened. May I know how to get this csv output. Thank you in advance.

@Victoryy Yow #: Hi, I managed to download and set this script on to the Navigator column. But when I tried to "Attach to a chart" nothing happened. May I know how to get this csv output. Thank you in advance.

Nothing is suppose to happen on the screen. The script runs very quickly and ends! Look at your logs (Experts and Journal) and you will see if it ran.

The CSV file will be output to terminal's "MQL4\Files" folder. In MetaTrader go to the menu FileOpen Data Folder, then navigate to the "MQL4\Files" folder. This is explained in the instructions.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Nothing is suppose to happen on the screen. The script runs very quickly and ends! Look at your logs (Experts and Journal) and you will see if it ran.

The CSV file will be output to terminal's "MQL4\Files" folder. In MetaTrader go to the menu FileOpen Data Folder, then navigate to the "MQL4\Files" folder. This is explained in the instructions.
Hi Fernando, Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Yes, I did noticed that 4 lines appeared at the logs. But I cannot find anything in the "MQL4\Files" folder. I attached also print screen of this. Please help and many thanks.
Files:
MQL4_Files.png  157 kb

Victoryy Yow #: Hi Fernando, Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Yes, I did noticed that 4 lines appeared at the logs. But I cannot find anything in the "MQL4\Files" folder. I attached also print screen of this. Please help and many thanks.

Your screenshot is too small. I can't read anything on it.

Before running the script, open up the "Signals" tab, and make sure that terminal downloads data for signals. Otherwise the script will have no data to report on.

If after this, the situation is still not resolved, show the following:

1. Screenshot of parameter settings you used.
  2. Screenshot of "Experts" log
  3. Screenshot of "Journal" log
  4. Make sure all the screenshot are readable.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Your screenshot is too small. I can't read anything on it.

Before running the script, open up the "Signals" tab, and make sure that terminal downloads data for signals. Otherwise the script will have no data to report on.

Hi Fernando, I found some problems in my signals data download now. I'll have to solve this problem first. Will get back to you when needed. Cheers.

Sorry, but there is not output to terminal's "MQL4\Files" folder... 

Lucas #: Sorry, but there is not output to terminal's "MQL4\Files" folder... 

Run it on a live chart, not in the Strategy Tester and before running the script, open up the "Signals" tab, and make sure that terminal downloads data for signals. Otherwise the script will have no data to report on.

@Lucas #: Sorry, but there is not output to terminal's "MQL4\Files" folder... 

NB!Please discuss this issue here and not in private.

In response to the screenshots you sent to me in private, I can see that from your "Experts Log" that an error "Invalid file handle!" is being reported. This means that the file creation is being denied. Either the file permissions on the folder are incorrect or the file already existes and is locked. Try also using a different file name.

So, please show a screenshot of the "MQL4\Files" folder which clearly shows its content as well as the full path name of the directory.

Also show a screenshot of the MT4 build number and release date.

Reason: