Transition from Virtual to Real. 1000 USD (daily) - page 2

That's pretty much it: anyone can walk on a board half a metre high. But if that plank were put between two heights on a windless day, few people would reach the opposite end of the plank.

Eurofoto писал (а) >>

A simple question.

Every day on a Virtual account with an opening balance of $2,000 I have a profit of $300-$700.

What is the catch?

The catch is that the 30% profit per day indicates an extremely AGRESSIVE style of trading, which inevitably leads to the plum.

It's only a matter of time. And the salvation so far was that we have been trading non-stop, that's why we lasted more than half a year.

I will tell you one thing from my own experience. It has ruined, ruins and will continue to ruin. The bottom line is that when you make a thousand quid fast, you feel calm and happy, but when you lose it just as fast... No amount of drugs or alcohol will help. The natural inclination is to get the account back quickly. Here's the catch. Only rabbits are fast. The market doesn't like a rush. So you sit with an elk, waiting for a profit. That's when the nerves get the best of you.

Read "How to Play and Win at the Stock Exchange" by Alexander Elder. He has the best explanation of the pitfalls

KimIV писал (а) >>

... If you don't want to listen to people, why ask? That's the catch, the difference between real and demo is not perceived or understood at first...

Heh...

I read a lot on this forum, and I respect all the participants and the answers they gave me. I especially respect Kim (the fourth).

But, no one gave me a definite answer... What is there to listen to?

SZS. The only general answer to the question: "What is the difference between Demo and Real accounts? "Attitude towards money".

Let's not get hung up on words.

If it is not difficult to answer the question in another formulation:

Question : "With my profitable (current) approach to trading, if I switch to a real account, with the same attitude to money, Can I expect to make $500 in half an hour with a balance of $4300, as it is now ?".

Or there are some purely technical points that are not considered in the demo account (for example, can DC tell me: that with a balance of 4300 dollars I can open just a single order of volume 0.1, rather than 2.0 as it is now).

P.P.S.

Quote: "I will tell you one thing from my own experience. It has ruined, ruins and will continue to do so. The bottom line is that when you make a thousand quid fast, you feel calm and happy, but when you lose it just as fast... "

That's thefunny thing, I don't feel about it the way you think. If there's nothing interesting in the market, I just close the programme and do a hundred other things. From devouring vodka on the hunt to nightclubbing. When I remember about trading and there is a good trend (for all indications) I make an order and insure.

Why did I write this? Because I never make a hasty decision, and do not get on my nerves. I also don't twiddle my thumbs or sit in front of a screen for three hours hoping something will change ...

>> YOU KNOW...

LeoV писал (а) >>

The answer lies in your phrase -

If you can treat real money like you treat verbal, that is, keep the rules of your TS when trading with real money, then you can get the same profits. But in the experience of many people it is unlikely. Attitudes will change and so will the rules. Many people trade just fine on demo, but cannot do it on real as well. )))))

Exactly. That is exactly the catch. I now remember my first real trades - first I was very lucky, then not so lucky, then not so lucky, then not so lucky, and then I ran out of money... I had a good system, though. Problem is, I didn't follow it for shit... Now I'm more careful - I don't go into the market unless I have to. And as a consequence, I'm not making 30% profit per day... Although I made 50% on virtual accounts...

If you are confident that you can follow all the rules of your (well-tested) system, start with micro...

Although here's another thing - to open a double lot with only 5000$ - it often ends badly... It's just a matter of time...

Eurofoto писал (а) >>
Question, "With my profitable (current) approach to trading, if I switch to a real account, with the same attitude to money, Can I expect to make $500 in half an hour with a balance of $4300, as it is now?"

Or there are some purely technical aspects that are not considered in the demo account (eg, can DC tell me that with a balance of 4300 dollars I can open a single order with a volume of 0.1, rather than 2.0 as it is now).

P.P.S.

Quote: "I will tell you one thing from my own experience. It has ruined, ruins and will continue to do so. The bottom line is that when you make a thousand quid fast, you feel calm and happy, but when you lose it just as fast... "

That's thefunny thing, I don't feel about it the way you think. If there's nothing interesting in the market, I just close the programme and do a hundred other things. From devouring vodka on the hunt to nightclubbing. When I remember about trading and there is a good trend (for all indications) I make an order and insure.

Why did I write this? Because I never make a hasty decision, and do not get on my nerves. I also don't twiddle my thumbs or sit in front of a screen for three hours hoping something will change ...

HUH...

No, you can't, and that's for sure.

and there's a lot of technicalities, some of which have been listed.

Eurofoto писал (а) >>

Question: "With my profitable (current) approach to trading, if I switch to a real account, with the same attitude to the money, Can I count on the amount of $ 500 for half an hour with a balance of 4300 dollars, as it is now?

Or there are some purely technical aspects that are not taken into account in a demo account (for example, can the DC tell me: with a balance of 4300 dollars I can only open a single order of 0.1, and not 2.0 as it is now).

Theoretically, yes, there is no problem, you can open as much as your margin allows. If you do not trade, do not use pips and do not steal money from the brokerage company's pocket, we will not have any problems with withdrawal. Is that clear?

P.S. But the lot is really too big, inadequate. Almost limit on this pair. If I would do 1 (one) percent per day to deposit (say, on average per month), I would be quite happy.

Eurofoto писал (а) >> If you leave all the ranting about being. When you switch to a real account, can you make money that way?

If you leave all the ranting about being - of course you can )))) Try it!!! And you'll find out the answer yourself ))))

Mathemat писал (а) >>

If you don't...

How many trades a day max?

Reason: