5 points/day or 100 points/month - page 7

About two and a half years ago I was speculating about scalping, reasoning that the market moves so huge that it is possible to rip off 0.000001 part equal to 5-7 pt per day. But a flat is unpredictable in respect to its movements and trends are big waves which one wants to ride and take these midgets, but after thinking about it I understood that a trend is like a hoax - I do not know when it is a correction and it is worth waiting for, I do not know when the price reverses and therefore I cannot make stable 5 pts. I am talking about trends, which change so unpredictably that it is nerve-racking, and it seems to be a steep downtrend, but it is not. It breaks down and doesn't ask anyone. And what to say about small bumps, if we do not always predict the direction of the big waves, but you can see where they go. And to risk 1000$ for 5pts, i.e. ~ 50$ is too much, and to feed the broker the same amount by the way. It's easier to invest that $1000 in a more worthy business off-line.

Mark33 писал (а) >>

A trend is kind of a hoax - you don't know when a correction is coming and you should wait, you don't know when prices are breaking, and you can't make even 5pts stable based on that. I am talking about trends that change so unpredictably that it is nerve-racking, and it seems to be a steep downtrend, but it is not.

Look at the Eurobucks weekly candlesticks -- there is a trend there since 2001.

Once you increase the timeframe, the TP and the problems immediately become less.

meta-trader2007 писал (а) >>

Where's the drain? The balance sheet is growing. Just one losing position. And drawdowns are drawdowns -- everybody has drawdowns.

I am reminded of a thread on another forum, although I believe it was posted here as well for a short while - "Help me turn equity into balance" where super small guy increased his balance by 1000 times in a month, but the equity was always below the initial balance.

Unfortunately, everyone who criticised you was right - you only lost in 22 days.

And anyway - the African has a spread of 100 and can make thousands of pips a day. But that's not to say you'll make millions on it.
А

BALANCE is what once was, and

EQUITY is what IS at your disposal now.

All calculations are always based on equity.

Don't deceive yourself or others, meta-trader2007

MOLET писал (а) >>

Trading a whole depot is nonsense!

1/2 is the minimum!

Whole or not, it doesn't matter. I gave you an example. If you trade 50% of the deposit, then all profits will simply decrease by 2 times and that's it. From TS with 360 pips it will be 1800 a day, and from 5 pips 2500 a day. I just gave you an example, don't you get it?

P.S. And in fact, if you're sure of the drawdown, you can trade the whole depo. Only how to be sure of this drawdown?

LeoV писал (а) >>

Whole is not important. I gave it as an example. If you trade 50% of the depo, then just the entire profit will decrease by 2 times and that's all. From TS with 360 pips it will be 1800 a day, and from 5 pips 2500 a day. I gave you this as an example, don't you get it?

I did not say anything. But I'll tell you now - 360 pips a day is possible, but NOBODY has done it! If one of us had made it to 360 pips, we'd have read about it in FORBES.

MOLET писал (а) >>

I've kept quiet. But I'll tell you now: 360 points a day is possible, but NO ONE has achieved it! If one of the forum members was getting 360 pips, we would have read about it on FORBES.

We are now talking about something else - what's better than 360 pips a day or 5 pips a day? I tried to explain that it's all relative and depends on the drawdown.

And if you write that 360 pips a day is not possible, why is 5 pips a day possible? Everything is relative. They are just numbers. If you say that a currency pair moves 43200 pips in a day, then 5 or 360 pips is not a big difference based on your data .....))))))

MOLET писал (а) >>

If one of the forum members was getting 360 points, we would have already read about it on FORBES.

That's not correct either. If he has a drawdown of 1000 pips, it is unlikely that we will see him there - it is more likely that he will lose the deposit. And if the drawdown is 1 point - it is very easy to appear there ))))).

P.S. With a drawdown of 1 point even with 5 pips per day you will become a multibillionaire very easily. Simple calculation. 5000(dollars a day)*22(working days in a month)*3(months)=330000. Bitter rests..... And that's without reinvesting. That is, you withdraw 5000 every day. ))))))))))))) And with reinvestment, it's a disaster. In a straight line, you go into space))))) Item #6 in everyone's famous classification......))))))

MOLET писал (а) >>

I've kept quiet. But I'll tell you now: 360 points a day is possible, but NO ONE has achieved it! If someone from this forum was making 360 pips, we would have read about it in FORBES.

I did, I did. But now I'll write - send me your account monitoring with 360 pips profit per day - I'll send it to all known and little-known financial publications...

Serg_ASV писал (а) >>
I did, I did. But now I'm going to write you - send me your account monitoring with 360p a day profit - I'll send it to all known and lesser-known financial publications...

"send me your account monitoring with 360 pips a day."

Is that for me?

Reason: