Predicting the future with Fourier transforms - page 27

Trololo:

And why should I judge the future? I would like to know at least the state of motion of the present. I agree that extrapolation from the points of the cumulative sinusoid is nonsense.

I personally do not care about the inflection points of these sinusoids, but their moments of phase change.

Extrapolation is a judgment about the future value of a function. Interpolation is about the past. More precisely, it is about the value outside the observation interval and inside that interval. Is something wrong?

Trololo: It is not the inflection points of these sinusoids that are important to me personally, but their moments of phase change.
And where is the moment of phase change there? Please, point me in the direction of the picture.

tara:

Extrapolation is a judgement about the future value of a function. Interpolation is about the past. More precisely, it is about the value outside the observation interval and inside that interval. Is something wrong?

I don't need the future values of the function itself, Fourier will not solve it. The future is not available. But inertia can be considered in relation not to the change of the function itself, but to the change in the rate of convergence or departure from the phase change line.

Mathemat:
And where is the phase change moment? Can you point the way, please?

The fourth post from the top, I wanted to focus on the fact that the red line is dynamic.

The nightmare continues. OK, let's talk about phase.

Phase(s) of what are we looking at?

Trololo: the fourth post above, the point I wanted to make is that the red line is dynamic.
What is the red line? How is it calculated?

Mathemat:
What is the red line? How is it calculated?

It's like putting frequencies on top of each other, but each red line has a different slope, so you end up with a common half-period line.

Trololo is persistently following the trail of Privale .

Apparently, he wants to come to the same place.)

Trololo: It's like putting frequencies on top of each other, but each red line has a different slope, so you end up with a common half-period line.
How can I talk to you about technique... you don't know what you're trying to say!

Edouard, someone's here for you.

Lizonka, what colour is your hair?

Reason: