Predicting the future with Fourier transforms - page 16

Sart_repair >> :

We all teach and learn here. I really don't get it - why would the price move along a Fourier curve?

Already asked questions here:

- have a theoretical proof?

- is there any empirical data ?

This no longer requires proof. You can consider it an axiom.

ANY curve can be decomposed into harmonics. As long as the market processes are stationary, the forecast coincides with the future by 100%.

But... Unfortunately, the market is not stationary :-( You can talk about some probability of coincidences in some tolerance and mathematical expectation of them.

Well, that's fine, you can keep on forecasting like that, on the principle of floor - finger - ceiling. And we are modestly four trades a day. I've never used this pair for trading. I have attached my indicators on the chart especially for you.

Blue - going into the sky (buying)

Red - going to hell (sell).

Arrows indicate the direction of today's trade. At 16:00 trades are closing as usually at this time important news and frantic Americans are released. Total 4 deals +47 +26 +70 +30 pips = about 173. And you can continue to wait for 1.9000.

The indicator doesn't redraw and there are no MA (averaging). The indicators do not have any parameters that could be optimized

Prival >> :

Well, that's fine, you can keep on forecasting like that, on the principle of floor - finger - ceiling. And we are modestly four trades a day. I've never used this pair for trading. I have attached my indicators on the chart especially for you.

Arrows indicate the direction of today's trade. At 16:00 trades are closing as usually at this time important news and frantic Americans are released. Total 4 deals +47 +26 +70 +30 pips = about 173. And you can continue to wait for 1.9000.

The indicator doesn't redraw and there are no MA (averaging). The indicators don't have any parameters that could be optimized.

It is not a big deal to "cast" indicators on historical data. I was referring to the possibility to predict the price using Fourier series decomposition.

And as for my predictions, as you called them "from the floor-finger-ceiling principle", they are based on V.T.E. and seem to be on the franc

have a tendency to materialise, now the price is 1.1837, already - 1.1843.... (you have a typo : I said not 1.9000, but 1.1900, the forecast was made at 1.1760)

The second target will be 1.2100

Prival >> :

Arrows indicate direction of today's trade. At 16:00 trades are closing as usually at this time important news and frantic Americans are released. Total 4 deals +47 +26 +70 +30 pips = about 173. And you can continue to wait for 1.9000.

The indicator doesn't redraw and there are no MA (averaging). The indicators don't have any parameters that could be optimised

on what principle does it work?

Sart_repair писал(а) >>

It's not difficult to "sketch" indicators on historical data. What I was talking about was the ability to predict price using a Fourier series decomposition.

And as for my predictions, as you called them "from the principle floor - finger - ceiling", they are based on the V.T.E. and it seems that for the franc

have a tendency to materialise, now the price is 1.1837, already - 1.1843.... (you have a typo : I said not 1.9000, but 1.1900)

The second target will be 1.2100

Fine, a forecast can be based on any system. The main thing is that it has to be correct. I think you'll agree with that. Let them at least consider the movement of planets. But first I want to point out your statement that it will reach exactly 1.1900. What is it based on? On the VTE? Great, how do you check it? How can another person use it to draw the same conclusions? What if the price does not reach 1 point, turns around and goes back ? What to wait till it gets there or to change my forecast?

I have a different principle, I predict where the price is going every minute and if it goes up I will follow it, if it goes down I will reverse.

In order to prove that the market is predictable, I will show you the current picture of the same pair and the same indicators. Red to sell, blue to buy. You can compare it, there is no re-rating.

m_a_sim писал(а) >>

on what principle does it work?

>> it says in the corner

m_a_sim >> :

>> on what principle does it work?

Here you go, soul-catchers - "indicator pictures" work without fail!

Imagine that you sell on the bottom red (the indicator does not say whether it is the bottom, or it will be lower, or the bottom is over and will go to the top...)

Integer писал(а) >>

it says in the corner

Attentive :-) I made that sign on purpose. I have been struggling with it for a long time. But there seem to be some results. I have tried the original versions of this indicator Komposter and Vinin and they have disappeared from the forum, haven't seen them for a long time. May be it is a good sign and it's time to write an Expert Advisor.

Integer >> :

it says in the corner

))

Prival >> :

Attentive :-) I made that sign on purpose. I've been fighting with him for a long time. But there seem to be some results. I have tried the original versions of this indicator Komposter and Vinin and they have disappeared from the forum, I haven't seen them for a long time. Maybe it's a good sign and it's time to write an Expert Advisor.

cool test method ))))

>> we will see them in forbes magazine later

thank goodness there are a lot of people in stock, a lot of versions can be tested

Reason: