Adaptive digital filters - page 33

What do you mean by "not sure"? And you don't have the brains to think for yourself? And not on n/2. After all, the SMA(1) is the price chart itself. Will you also "shift" it by 0.5? It must be "shifted" by (n-1)/2. If we mean "simple arithmetic" as you like...

mikfor:
What do you mean "not sure"? And you don't have the brains to think for yourself? And not on n/2. After all, the SMA(1) is the price chart itself. Will you also "shift" it by 0.5? It must be "shifted" by (n-1)/2. If we mean "simple arithmetic" as you like...

why not by (N+1)/2?

The brains, as the "Cheshire Charming" says, have been drunk...

You can justify the difference of three shifts -

1) (N-1)/2

2) N/2

3) (N+1)/2 ?

This really matters to me, because I sometimes think there's a zero-floor problem...

;)

"It is possible to justify the difference of the three shifts -

1) (N-1)/2

2) N/2

3) (N+1)/2 ?"

Please. One and you are a fool (I hope the admin will not ban me for affectionate and patient treatment of this kind).

2) N/2 - let's take N=1, i.e. SMA(1), i.e. the price chart itself. The lag is 1/2, i.e. the price chart lags itself by half a bar and therefore by any predetermined number of bars, which is nonsense.

3) (N+1)/2 - let's take N=1, i.e. the SMA(1), i.e. the price chart itself. The lag is 1, i.e. the price chart lags itself by 1 bar and therefore by any preset number of bars, which is nonsense.

left to

1) (N-1)/2 - let's take N=1, i.e. the SMA(1), i.e. the price chart itself. The lag is 0, so the price chart is identically equal to itself, which is the case.

The moderator is patient for now, but the tone and terminology of the discussion is disgusting. A scholarly husband who calls his opponent a fool either has no other arguments or is ill-mannered.

"A scholarly husband who calls his opponent a fool either has no other arguments or is ill-mannered."

An opponent, yes. But an outright fool, why not? On the contrary, the very fact that I am patiently giving a substantive answer to a deliberately stupid question should command respect. And if it disgusts you, you are free not to read. Or should I proceed from the assumption that most of the forum users are morons? Then you'll have to look for another forum. That's better than me being embarrassed to call things by their proper names if the question is particularly obtuse, or the "opponent" proves a delusional assertion. Decent "opponent" I will not call a fool. Here's a test like this (check yourself, moderator). Can you solve the quadratic equation a*x^2 + b*x + c = 0? I note that it's usually taught in village schools in as little as eighth grade. And by "solve" I don't mean "remember the formula you know", I mean "EXECUTE it". There is a 100% chance that more (substantially more than half of the readers-writers on the forum will not be able to do it. That is, they don't even correspond to the middle class of a village school. Then what are we talking about. How else are they to be called if they are adults (in terms of age) but at that level? In this (perfectly fair reasoning) 90% of the population is cattle. For it is intellect alone that makes a person a human being. And there is nothing to be ashamed of calling things by their proper names. On the contrary, a "scientist husband" must be objective and unbiased. Maybe students should not be expelled from their first years (or even from the last), if they are fools? No. You should be frankly told that you are a fool and you do not belong here. And kick you out. In fact, this is how they do it at normal universities, as I have witnessed more than once.

mikfor:

Or should I assume that the majority of forum users are morons?

I note that it's usually taught in village schools in about eighth grade. And by "solve" I don't mean "remember the formula everyone knows", I mean "EXECUTE it". There is a 100% chance that more (substantially more than half of the forum readers-writers will not be able to do it. That is, they don't even correspond to the middle class of a village school. Then what are we talking about.

In that (perfectly fair reasoning) 90% of the population is cattle.

And kick the fuck out. In fact, that's how they do it at normal universities, and I have witnessed it many times.

Everyone should do a triple koo!

The non-breeders have come to see us.

Something tells me that you personally, Swetten, could not solve the quadratic equation ...

mikfor:
Something tells me that you personally, Swetten, could not solve the quadratic equation ...
Something tells me that an elite like you won't be here long.

mikfor:

Can you solve the quadratic equation? a*x^2 + b*x + c = 0? I note that it is usually taught in village schools in about eighth grade. And by "solve", I don't mean "remember the formula you know", I mean "EXECUTE it".

Uh-huh. And 90% of those who are able to deduce (actually remember the text of a 10 times reread notebook for some reason), do not know why they are solving this very quadratic equation.

mikfor:

"A scholarly husband who calls his opponent a fool either has no other arguments or is ill-mannered."

An opponent, yes. But an outright fool, why not? On the contrary, the very fact that I am patiently giving a substantive answer to a deliberately stupid question should command respect. And if it disgusts you, you are free not to read. Or should I proceed from the assumption that most of the forum users are morons? Then you'll have to look for another forum. That's better than me being embarrassed to call things by their proper names if the question is particularly obtuse, or the "opponent" proves a delusional assertion. Decent "opponent" I will not call a fool. Here's a test like this (check yourself, moderator). Can you solve the quadratic equation a*x^2 + b*x + c = 0? I note that it's usually taught in village schools in as little as eighth grade. And by "solve" I don't mean "remember the formula you know", I mean "EXECUTE it". There is a 100% chance that more (substantially more than half of the readers-writers on the forum will not be able to do it. That is, they don't even correspond to the middle class of a village school. Then what are we talking about. How else are they to be called if they are adults (in terms of age) but at that level? In this (perfectly fair reasoning) 90% of the population is cattle. For it is intellect alone that makes a person a human being. And there is nothing to be ashamed of calling things by their proper names. On the contrary, a "scientist husband" must be objective and unbiased. Maybe students should not be expelled from their first years (or even from the last), if they are fools? No. You should be frankly told that you are a fool and you do not belong here. And kick you out. In fact, this is how they do it in normal universities and I have witnessed it many times.

I don't know a damn thing about formulas, humanitarian... You know them, have a proper education... Which one of us is a boor?

Are we different?

Can you tell the difference between "you" and "us" on the street?

Sitting at the same table, knowing the quadratic equation will tilt the outcome of negotiations in your favor?

Will knowing the quadratic equation bring more income to "you" than to "us"?

P.S. Fuck... knowing a quadratic equation determines who's a dick... ?

Reason: