The market is always wrong - page 8

Yes, yes, yes. You need to study this very portfolio analysis, but you just jump right in and go for it.

Another question. Do dealing centres react on application of such systems? After all, 70 contracts at a time will strain them.

I will tell you as a recommendation (just remember that I am more wrong than others!) - it seems to me that even if you run version 1.1 without any modification, but analyzing the chart, say, after 3 consecutive daily candles of one colour and increasing Bl (that is, reducing the step) - then most likely this cautious tactic will bring profit. It means one has to get used to the EA, analyze the chart and take a decision. Yuri also mentioned that the Expert Advisor should be disabled at news time. The most dangerous thing here is to catch the beginning of the trend.
I gave above the formula for starting, i.e. calculation of Beginprice depending on ones wish to buy/sell and by how many lots. This kind of targeting can also be good if you see what you want to buy/sell now. It may be possible to do that even on one currency pair. I like in my Expert Advisor (and not only that) the way it catches pullbacks - very effectively.
Regards, Fed.

Fed, I think you describe it correctly, but the issue of switching off before the news is unclear here:
1. To close 28 positions for half an hour means to lose 28 spreads. And then the same amount at the opening.
2. The news will be broken several times a day - which one to choose? And you will have to choose.
That is why I have had the idea to introduce stops and work with them as required at appropriate moments, but without them interfering with the basic game logic at other times. In other words, to move them close during the news, and then back.
Obviously this will complicate the system, but intuitively it seems that it will be easier to survive the rainy days. You should certainly try it.
Regards, VBAG.

About the news, I'm repeating Yuri, perhaps inaccurately. I'm looking for it myself. It's like getting a diamond, but I can't find a setting for it. Most probably you should turn on after the news (big news, of course) and turn it off before the next one. One should be very attentive with respect to pairs. However, EURUSD and USDCHF do not combine well together in this strategy (my opinion and observations). On the other hand - if there is no trend, the winnings are larger. On the other hand, if there is no trend, the profit is larger. If we look at the data, we'll see how many times we have missed a deposit.
Sincerely, Fed.

To close 28 positions for half an hour is to lose 28 spreads. And then the same amount on the opening.

The spread is only lost once, on opening.

Mathemat:

To close 28 positions for half an hour is to lose 28 spreads. And then the same amount at the opening.

The spread is only lost once, on opening.

Fair enough. Well, sometimes it does. My bad.

Mathemat got it wrong.
Not my fault. I wrote it right away:
We look at two situations in comparison on completion.
1st - when there is one position (opening-spread gave away and closing-spread gave away)
2nd - when instead of one position we will have two (so two times gave away the spread on opening and two times gave away the spread on closing)

opening spread given and closing spread given

No, you didn't, it's just a matter of figuring it out once. Let's consider opening a single long position in EURUSD. Let Ask=1. 3490, Bid=1.3488. We can buy only at Ask, but on the chart we see Bid by default. But do not look at the chart, it's an absolute lie. Look at the tab Trade: in the line of the open position we'll see that the position is opened at Ask=1.3490, but the current price in the same line will be Bid=1.3488. The difference is the loss at opening, i.e., the spread.

Why is it so strange? Simply because we will close it at another price, at Bid. Here is the price of future closing is displayed in the trade. And now if we close the position immediately, without waiting for a new tick so that the price does not move anywhere, we will close it at 1.3488. Where are we giving away the second spread here?

VBAG:

Fed, I think you describe it correctly, but the issue of switching off before the news is unclear here:
1. To close 28 positions for half an hour is to lose 28 spreads. And then the same amount at the opening.

Disabling EAs for a while and closing positions are different things. There should not be any confusion. I don't remember Reshetov advising to close positions. There is a big button on the MT4 panel called Expert Advisors. You press it before news. Then they turn their faces into crosses. You wait until the turbulence calms down and then you turn it on again.

That's it, my friends! My brain is curled up in the integral - we have to rest.
And then study, study and study.

P.S. usdjpy, but it works!!! blimey.
Reason: