Bill Williams and his strategies...

Hi all, can you tell me where I can see a transcript of his books :-) as he writes in a strange and contradictory way, e.g:
"You shouldn't sell above the Alligator's Paw, and you shouldn't buy below the Alligator's Paw.
Alligator's Mouth. Otherwise, you'll be feeding the Alligator, which could leave you without food (money).
yourselves." while telling you about buying signals below the Jaws. ...

dimontus:
Hi all, can you tell me where I can see a transcript of his books :-) as he writes in a strange and contradictory way, e.g:
"You should not sell above the Alligator's Paw, and you should not buy below the Alligator's Paw.
Alligator's Mouth. Otherwise, you'll be feeding the Alligator, which could leave you without food (money).
yourselves." while telling you about buying signals below the Jaws. ...
Something tells me (innate scepticism?) that Bill Williams makes his money by ... And also sells a trading platform with integrated indicators from his system.

Anyway, here's a good description.

I'll echo the previous opinion.

You can put me up against the wall and shoot me, but my opinion is that Bill Williams is a fantasist and nothing more.

This is also a business ...

At one time there was an advertisement in English newspapers:
- "For £100 I'll teach you how to make a million, brochure, description of methodology, etc. ..."

Some time later the following ad was published:
- "Please do not ask for this brochure again ..... I have already made my million ..."
:))

What systems do you trade on? :-)

Yes, there are a lot of questions about Bill Williams and other strategies. On the so-called Forex classics.

Is it possible that there are no ready-made advisors for, say, Bill's strategy? His indicators are present, de facto, in almost any trading platform, including MT. All that remains is to describe the logic of his strategy in MQL, run it in the tester, and then we will see if Bill is right or wrong.

Only I think old Bill was just deluding himself and others :)

Exist I think and at the moment, if you run it, it will be on the plus side. I just inadvertently installed MT4 in the MT3 folder six months ago. Check it out for yourself.

This link does not provide an answer, although it was interesting to read. Thank you. And, nevertheless, the question - is there no one interested in checking Bill? Is he lying or not? That he made good money on his books, it is obvious, but the question is about forex.

For example, Andrew Opeyda wrote the 'Commentator' indicator. The 'Expert Advisor System. Practical Use of Built-In Indicators in MQL4 Program' The great work has already been done. The next step is to make an Expert Advisor that can trade using the described algorithms. At this point, we will see what all those "piles" of standard indicators and oscillators are worth.

Couldn't help but notice this thread on the forum...
A day ago I wrote an article about practical use of Bill Williams' strategy. If it passes moderation, it will be published on this site soon.

...In fact, I fundamentally disagree with the opinion

Integer писал (а):
I will join the previous opinion.

You can put me up against the wall and shoot me, but my opinion is that Bill Williams is a dreamer and nothing more.

This strategy brings a month of 60 - 180% but it is of course in the right hands! This is my personal experience. If you think so, then you just do not understand what the book(s)
Personally, I (this again is my experience) have successfully learned to trade on the books of Bill Williams. And this is, in my opinion, the best thing I've read on trading the markets.
Although, of course, I do not know about your profitability may be you make 300% a month, and you have some other experience, then share =)

// ---

Makarov wrote (a):

Yes, there are a lot of questions about Bill Williams and other strategies. This is what we call the classics of Forex.

This is the first time we started to study this strategy. His indicators are present, de facto, in almost any trading platform, including MT. All that remains is to describe the logic of his strategy in MQL, run it in the tester, and then we will see if Bill is right or wrong.

Only I think old Bill was just deluding himself and others :)

I have software code which includes many signals (from all books)... I use it to trade on H1. Markets as you know are not linear and the code itself works ambiguously on tester (you can optimize it will be better sometime worse).
So, everything depends on the trader, and what beliefs he uses to trade. It is important, though. Markets will destroy all linear systems sooner or later.

Oasis, I may well change my mind

Oasis can you share the programming code on Bill? :-)
Reason: