MetaTrader History Center: Preliminary information - page 6

In EURUSD 1 min gap in history from 29.09.2006 23:55 to 30.10.2006 16:22, in USDCHF 1 min gap from 29.09.06 to 27.10.06 ?

The gap is because the indicative quotes on the server MQ history center are only up to 29th of September and then the quotes from brokerage companies start from the time point up to which this brokerage company has a history. By the way, we can see immediately that fluffy quotes change for smoothed quotes from brokerage companies.

elritmo:

... and then the quotes from the brokerage companies start from the point in time that the brokerage company has a history ...

On the MetaQuotes demo account.
What do you mean "there is no gap in the chart"? If there are no quotes in this period, it means that there is no chart for these quotes.

Gorillych писал (а):
elritmo wrote (a):

... The quotes from a brokerage company start at a point in time that the brokerage company has a history ...

On a MetaQuotes demo account.
What do you mean by "no gap on the chart"? There are no quotes in the specified gap, so there is no chart of those quotes.

I think we will not find anything that will fill the gap. We have to look for something else to fill the gap.

Renat, aren't there any holes in these historicals at all?

nikkei:
Renat, aren't there any holes in these historicals at all?
What do you mean? So far the history from January 1999 to the end of September 2006 has been given. We will periodically update this history to include the last month. You can always check the history by hand/eye.

Let's say I've already downloaded the whole story and I want to download it again in a month... then will the whole story be downloaded again or only the last month?

Ronen:

Let's say I've already downloaded the whole story and I want to download it again in a month... then will the whole story be downloaded again or only the last month?

Only the missing or changed months.

The resumption system is very economical - only the necessary data is resumed. All downloaded files are stored in the directory /history/downloads and will be used later for rebuilding the remaining periods. This directory can be backed up or transferred to other computers - in this case the downloading will be kept to a minimum.

Renat:

Only missing or modified months.

Thank you! So we can hope that the hole in the minutes will be closed soon.

Another question. If quotes of other periods are formed from minute quotes, then why on M5, etc. is there no such a hole?

Gorillych wrote:

So we can hope that the hole in the minutes will be closed soon.
It is unlikely. Read Renat's answer above:
This history will be updated periodically to include the last month. You can always manually/eye check the history yourself.
The last month is not adding data "in the middle".
Reason: