Trading strategies without StopLoss - page 5

Vladimir Zubov:
The right direction is always with a certain probability, that's what a stop is for.
Once again.
As J. Soros said: "It absolutely does not matter whether you are right or wrong. All that matters is how much money you make when you're right, and how much money you lose when you're wrong." - That's trading in the Right Direction.
And a stop loss is not the only way to diversify.

ratnasambhava:
Once again.
As J. Soros said: "It absolutely does not matter whether you are right or wrong. All that matters is how much money you make when you're right, and how much money you lose when you're wrong." - That's trading in the Right Direction.
And a stop loss is not the only way to diversify.
There is no need to compare the capabilities of Soros, and the average home speculator.

Vitaly Muzichenko:
There is no need to compare the capabilities of Soros and the average home speculator.
They all have the same opportunities. It's just that "average" speculators don't use them, which is why they lose in the end.
Well, you have to admit, he wasn't saying it for himself. If you do not want to believe me, at least believe him. Although, everyone chooses for himself, some like to walk on the rake.
You should not think that I dissuade you from putting stop-losses. On the contrary, I'm for diversification with both hands!

ratnasambhava:
Everyone has the same opportunities. It's just that "average" speculators don't use them, which is why they lose out in the end.
Well, you have to admit, he wasn't saying it for himself. If you do not want to believe me, at least believe him. Although, everyone chooses for himself, some like to walk on the rake.
You should not think that I dissuade you from putting stop-losses. On the contrary, I'm for diversification with both hands!
I agree.

Server Muradasilov:

How many times I've watched it, and every time under a chair :)

:))))))))))))))))))) USED : )))))))))))))

It is possible to average. But the maximum total lot should be the same as if you trade without averaging with one order. And if the total lot has already reached this limit, and the price keeps moving against you, you should accept the loss. In general, a position spread out in price levels sometimes has some advantages, but it is more difficult to operate with multiple orders.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Stops are not necessary - it's the last century, first we enter and catch a minus, then we wait for a pullback in hope.

No pullback - enter after 3.5 years and catch ... stop out).

Come on, you could have stopped out 3.5 years ago and continued trading.

It was a bet on what the guy would do in a month at 100%, he did not believe in the fact that the price sometimes does not come back and losses should be limited.

The moral of this fairy tale is the following: you may not place a stop loss but you have to keep losses under strict control and if you are wrong in the direction you should admit it.

You did not place a stop loss. What does this have to do with several years? The lock is put in order to break at the first opportunity.

It's getting confusing again. You have to put a lock when your strategy is designed for it. Either many orders are opened, or ....., but not for nothing.

khorosh:
It is possible to average. But the maximum aggregate lot should be the same as if you trade without averaging with one order. And if the total lot has already reached this limit, and the price keeps moving against you, you should accept the loss. In general, a position spread out by price levels sometimes has some advantages, but it is more difficult to operate with multiple orders.
You can average several times, but then why should you close these orders with a loss? Then why do we need to average? These orders should be managed, not closed.

Everyone is clinging to the stop for some reason. but in the test that showed, there is no TP either. In my opinion, the TP is much more important than the SL.

Ibragim Dzhanaev:
Everyone is clinging to the stop for some reason. but in the test that showed, there is no TP either. In my opinion, the TP is much more important than the SL.
Takeprofit is an exit from the market. The stop loss is also an exit from the market, just as the take is just as important. It is important not only to enter the market correctly, but also to exit it. You can also exit without a stop loss, just with a loss, but it must be controlled at all stages. You can lock a stop with a tray, you can use a partial tray, but after that you must handle everything correctly and not drive your account into even larger drawdowns.
Reason: