Into the castle - page 7

Vladimir Pastushak:
Have you not counted what is written on my picture ? + 40 ppts with locks fixed or - 40 ppts on the stop.
I calculated it all a long time ago. And I strongly advise you to do it again.

Andrey Dik:
I calculated everything a long time ago. And I urge you to do it again.

This " Next at the place of the red arrow "open lock" should have opened a buy trade and closed it at the place of the blue "close buy"." is a guessing trade.

No strategies, no rules, no discipline...

Vladimir Pastushak:
Have you calculated what is written in my figure? + 40 pips with locks fixed or - 40 pips on stop.

According to your drawing without locs, it will be the same:

1. First red arrow 'Locked': Recorded a loss of Buy X pips.

2. Second red arrow "Sell +10 pips": Opened Buy.

3. "Closed Buy + 30 pips" mark: closed Buy with a profit of X + 40 pips.

Everything is the same - two trades, only with lots it is Buy+Sell, and without lots Buy+Buy.

Vladimir Pastushak:

It's "Next, at the place of the red "open lock" arrow, you should have opened a buy trade and closed it at the place of the blue "close buy" arrow." this is trading at random.

There's no strategy, no rules, no discipline...

Someone explain it to me... I'm getting tired of it.

Vladimir Pastushak:

No strategies, no rules, no discipline...

There it is - an epiphany! )) That's exactly what they're telling you. With lots you have imaginary rules - levels for opening deals. Remove those levels and the rules disappear.

Andrey Dik:
Someone else explain it to me... and I'm tired already.

You don't have to explain, I'll sign off, and I'm tired too...

Ihor Herasko:
There it is - an epiphany! )) That's exactly what they're telling you. With lots you have imaginary rules - levels for opening deals. We remove these levels, and the rules disappear.

Rules cannot disappear from a trading strategy.

Vladimir Pastushak:

You don't have to explain, I'm writing it off, and I'm tired, too.

You're a trader, I assume. A man who operates with money. A man who makes money with money. And money loves an account. Igor above showed the maths, not complicated. Do the same yourself, but on your own calculator. You will be surprised, but the results will coincide with Igor's.

Vladimir Pastushak:

Rules cannot disappear from a trading strategy.

If there are trading rules, they can and should be applied without locks, because locks are a tinsel that prevents us from seeing the true situation, creating the illusion that the rules are "correct". Remove locks from the strategy - and, more often than not, we see the silliness of the developed rules. This saves time and money in searching for better strategies.

Bicus:
Bullshit. If the TS is profitable and "knows" when to open the lock, it "knows" where the price will go. And if it knows the direction of price movement, then why should we place the lock?
So the TS is inherently unprofitable, that's all.

An exception is when several TS work on the same instrument and the trades are independent. But it can hardly be called a lot.

No one knows where the price will go. And the lock can be a part of the strategy, for example, of the position widening.

Besides, it is also a matter of psychology. It is psychologically much harder to re-enter a position after the stop.

Reason: