Let's pause in the words. - page 3

Ivan Vagin:

but for the sake of 35-40% a year, that's fine.... or how....

Sharing the skin of an unkilled bear?

Yury Reshetov:
Did you not get the humour? The question was about the guarantee, not the banks' paid-for draw ratings.

A bank's rating is a guarantee of the bank.

Regarding the "paid-for" - the international rating agencyMoody's, for example,has been around since 1909. For over 100 years this agency's ratings of commercial banks have not been wrong OR ERRORED VERY RARELY. This agency is worth billions of dollars with no tangible assets - it's all the price of reputation and reliability of ratings

Ivan Vagin:
20-30%
How do you assess the risk?

Дмитрий:

A bank's rating is a guarantee of the bank.

Regarding the "paid-for" - the international rating agencyMoody's, for example,has been around since 1909. For more than 100 years this agency's ratings of commercial banks have not been wrong. This agency is worth billions of dollars with no tangible assets - it's all the price of reputation and reliability of ratings

You seem to be such an adult, but still believe in fairy tales about "100 years of reputation"?

To explain it simply, all of the crises of the last 100 years, including the Great Depression, were banking crises. Take 2008 for example. The banks with high fake ratings burst like bubbles. And what about the rating agencies? The excuse they gave was that they were not responsible for the bazaar and that it was water off the duck's back.

Yury Reshetov:

To explain it simply, all the crises of the last 100 years, including the Great Depression, were banking crises. Take 2008 for example. Banks with high drawn ratings burst like bubbles. And what about the rating agencies? The excuse they gave was that they were not responsible for the bazaar and that it was water off the duck's back.

Like what? Apart from the Lehmans - what major US or European or Japanese bank has gone bust?

Дмитрий:
Like what?
There aren't enough fingers to go around. The most trivial example is the Lehman Brothers Bank, which started the bubble burst and which, incidentally, also survived the Great Depression.

Yury Reshetov:
There's not enough fingers to go around. The most trivial example is Lehman Brothers Bank, which started the bubble burst and which, incidentally, also survived the Great Depression.

Lehman - I wrote it myself. What else?

Rating agencies are not gods. And they make mistakes. There is one bank. Which one?

Дмитрий:

Lehman - I wrote it myself. What else?

Rating agencies are not gods. And they make mistakes. There is one bank. What other one?

Have you been google-banned? It's not like it's a secret.

The point is that the rating agencies are bullshit.

Ivan Vagin:
A donkey - definitely not, I think there are no donkeys here, you don't consider yourself a donkey I hope, but for 35-40% a year, that's fine.... or like....
1:1 leverage is great. You'll get your hands full on wall street. Well, as long as you show them at least a few years of trading history and the risks are acceptable.

Yury Reshetov:
Sharing the pelt of an unkilled bear?
Well, don't take it personally...
Reason: