Code Base licences - page 3

Dmitry Fedoseev:

What you probably mean is that you own the code (authorship is irrelevant), but you can't own the code in the codebase in any way. However, you have the wording "originally", which implies that both the author and the rights holder are one person (that the rights have not been transferred).

If that's how you originally drafted the contract, why on earth would you decide to use someone else's code?

It is your graphics library that is used in the project, by the way.

The project was written for myself, the client appeared on the project (he found me himself), later.

Vladimir Pastushak:
Like this: "Can I compile the codes from the code base, compile them on my own and sell them in the market, and won't I get a headache later ????".

Have I been convicted of such a thing before? Or are you judging solely by yourself?

Mikhail:

Joo Zepper!

If you are so tormented by this question, then rewrite that 2% code yourself!

After all, the main thing is the IDEA, not the way to implement it.

Yes, I wrote a library from scratch, and moreover, exclusively for my project, no problem at all, and if a sensible answer can not be obtained in this thread, I will have to do so. All the more so, since a rich functionality, as in the library of Vlad. Integer's library.

But the question is different. It is a matter of principle.

Vladimir Pastushak:
Like this: "Can I collect codes from the code base, compile them in my own way and sell them in the marketplace and won't I have a headache later ????".
Well yes, I've seen a few Ilan's in the marketplace from one comrade. I can assume that the other dozens of products are also not written by him, but stolen from the internet.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
This is where you are very much mistaken. Ideas are not protected by copyright. But they are protected by copyright.

Well, as if the main point had been made clear. It's the implementation that is being protected.

I do not know how the topicstarter, my interest in this topic is just a reworking of public source.

What is the criterion to determine that the implementation is changed so that you can put his authorship?

I am not referring to the names of variables or functions, or set of function parameters.

I once compared the codes of several independent authors and received striking results: parameters in many cases coincide, because that is the logic.

For example, you cannot write the correlation function in any other way - that's the algorithm. Well, the codes of different authors will be similar at any rate.

Joo Zepper:

It's your graphics library used in the project, by the way.

I'm not sorry, if anything. The thing is how you formulated the contract (not with me, but with your customer). If it's signed and stamped :), that's it. If not, formulate the contract differently.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
I'm not sorry, if anything. The point is how you worded the contract (not with me, but with your customer). If it is signed and stamped :), then that's it. If not, formulate the contract differently.

The contract is signed, the legal issue I'm trying to discuss here. it looks like I'll have to re-write the graphic library, even though you don't feel sorry for it. :)

It depends on which license the codes in the base are under. Renat, please comment on this.

Joo Zepper:

Have I been found guilty of such a thing before? Or are you judging this solely on your own?

Not yet and hopefully you won't, that's what I said just in case.

If the contribution to your idea and your algorithm requires a third-party addendum, and any addendum, you may agree on this with the author of this addendum.

If this add-on is less or early 2% as you described above, why not order your implementation of this add-on along with the main order?

To be completely honest, your question raises a lot of other questions ....

Vladimir Pastushak:

Not yet and hopefully you won't, that's what I said just in case.

If the contribution to your idea and your algorithm requires a third-party add-on, and any add-on, you can coordinate this with the author of this add-on.

If this add-on is less or early 2% as you described above, why not order your implementation of this add-on along with the main order?

To be completely honest, your question raises a lot of other questions ....

Why not read the thread before writing anything in it? The opinion of the author of the add-on is irrelevant, because there is a contract (see above in the thread).

Even an ordered implementation even for three rubles would mean that the authorship of the code is originally not joo's, which is contrary to the contract.

To avoid questions, it's worth reading before you write.

Joo Zepper:

It depends on which license the codes are presented under in the database. Renat, please comment on this.

Who knows, maybe. The exact wording of your contract is unknown.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Why not read the topic before writing anything in it? The opinion of the author of the add-on is irrelevant, because there is a contract (see above in the thread).

Even a commissioned implementation, even for three rubles, would mean that the authorship of the code is originally not joo's, which is against the contract.

To avoid questions, it's worth reading before you write.

It would be interesting to see the contract, or is it secret ?

Vladimir Pastushak:
It would be interesting to see the contract, or is it secret?
That's not for me. I'm not involved in any way at all.
Reason: