Servicedesk. Complaints, suggestions. - page 5

Alexey Kozitsyn:
This is about it. As I understand it, it is about indicators on mql5? According to your words, it turns out that if an indicator calls another indicator, then it won't render offline? Or how many levels should there be to repeat the problem described by you?

I haven't investigated it deeply, now I'm talking logic:

- I have a check before starting to build an indicator in OnCalculate - whether all indicators that are required for the correct building of this indicator have been built. If not - exit from the loop, because you cannot wait in the same run OnCalculate (that you cannot wait - confirmed by Renate) from this it follows that this indicator should exit the loop and wait again for update, right? and if there are several levels of nesting, then how many times should the user call this option from the chart menu, it is assuming that every time indicators between

- the fact that in the indicators called through iCustom, OnTimer and OnChartEvent do not work is also a fact confirmed by the moderators in the next thread and I have checked it myself.

Ilya Malev:

I haven't investigated it deeply, now I'm speaking logically:

- i have a check before starting to build an indicator in OnCalculate - if all the indicators that are required for the correct construction of this indicator have been built. if not - exit the loop, because you cannot wait in the same session OnCalculate (that you cannot wait - confirmed by Renate) it means that this indicator should exit the loop and wait again for updates, right? and if there are several such nesting levels, then the user will need to call this option from the chart menu every time, it is assumed that every indicator between neighbour

- it is also a fact that in the indicators called through iCustom, OnTimer and OnChartEvent do not work - it was confirmed by the moderators in the next thread and I have checked it myself.

Well, how have you solved the problem of such drawings?

Alexey Kozitsyn:
OK, how did you solve the problem of such constructions?
I had a set of interrelated complex indicators in MT4, which needed to be transferred to MT5. I decided to make a class system to include indicators into each other and calculate them both without iCustom and without indicator buffers.

Ilya Malev:
I had a set of interconnected complex indicators in MT4, which needed to be transferred to MT5. I decided to make a class system to include indicators into each other and calculate them both without iCustom and without indicator buffers.
Radical. Have you said anything about adding timer access to nested indicators?

Alexey Kozitsyn:
Radically. And what about adding the access to the timer to nested indicators?

I didn't ask about such plans, because there was no possibility to wait anyway.

In such a case they would add the possibility to wait for Sleep() type in indicators, so that one could wait for the data to be created without exiting OnCalculate, like in the scripts. By the way, it concerns timeseries as well - the indicator will not be able to load the necessary data without arrival of new ticks.

And this, as I understand it, cannot even be solved by embedding each other - at the weekend, if you don't want to click on Refresh, you have to first load the history for all the necessary pairs/FTs with the script, and only then run the indicator.

Ilya Malev:

I didn't ask about such plans, because there is no possibility to wait anyway.

In such a case we should add the possibility to wait for Sleep() type in indicators, so that one can wait for the data to be created without exiting OnCalculate, like in the scripts. By the way, it concerns timeseries as well - the indicator won't be able to load the necessary data without new ticks coming.

Sleep() is useless to ask - one thread for all indicators. This system is unlikely to be redesigned. And if we implement the timer, the need in the slip will disappear.

Ilya Malev:
And this, as I understand it, cannot be solved even by embedding each other - at weekends, if you don't want to click on Refresh, you have to first load the history for all the necessary pairs/FTs with the script, and only then run the indicator.
I just came up with an idea. What if we do the following. How to inform the main indicator about the data we want to receive, obtain this data from the timer and then easily calculate all attached indicators?

Alexey Kozitsyn:
Sleep() is useless to ask for - one thread for all indicators. And this system is unlikely to be redesigned. And if we implement the timer, there will be no need in the slip.
I would not say that it disappears, but iCustom and the whole indicator system will be usable without any tambourine.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
An idea has just occurred to me. What if we implement the following. How to inform the main indicator about the data we want to receive, receive this data from the timer and then calculate all attached indicators?
All indicators have the same thread, with or without timer. Or I don't understand your idea.
Reason: