What if the cable gets cut? - page 3

Дмитрий:

The traffic was going abroad anyway, and the routes of the traffic are still unknown.

I missed that one.)

how did they check it, or was there someone on the other side?

Suppose there was a signal coming from Russia, but there was a receiver abroad?

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

I missed that one.)

How did they check, or was there someone on the other side?

Suppose there was a signal coming from Russia and there was a receiver abroad?

They cut off the channel through which a site is accessible, it's supposed to be unavailable, but it's still available. I guess so.

If that's true, that's amazing.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

I missed that one.)

how did they check, or was there someone on the other side?

Suppose the signal was coming from Russia and there was a receiver abroad?

Well, the simplest option is if your site is on a foreign server and users from Russia still visit the site after "cutting off" it

Дмитрий:
Well, as the easiest option - if your site is on a foreign server and after "cutting off" the site is still accessed by users from Russia

something doesn't add up

The site should be very popular in Russia

Are there any examples of such sites, to the statistics of which the Ministry of Communications and Roskomnadzor have access?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

They cut off the channel through which a site is accessible, it's supposed to be unavailable, but it's still available. It must be.

If that's true, it's amazing.

the site is supposed to be on a server, and the server should have a backup cable if it's normal, and not just one.

I.e. you need to shut down the server, not the cable, or if they all go together in a bundle, then yes, cut the cable with an axe )

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

something doesn't add up.

The site should be very popular in Russia

Are there examples of such sites to which the Ministry of Communications and Roskomnadzor have access to statistics?

Why should the site be popular?

The question was - if the Ministry of Communications and Roskomnadzor "cut off" the Internet at the borders of the Russian Federation. Will the traffic go between Russia and the world in this case or not? Is the blocking complete? Or vice versa - it's not the Ministry of Communications and Roskomnadzor that "cut off", but someone from outside.

Any site is enough

I don't get it, but come on, I think I got the gist of it.

Дмитрий:
Well, as the easiest option - if your site is on a foreign server and after "cutting off" the site is still accessed by users from RF
RF traffic is difficult to cut off as it can bypass through Belarus, China, Europe and there are no specific paths as America, in this regard, is exceptional. Snap a couple of wires and isolation for several months is assured.

Alexey Busygin:
RF traffic is hard to cut off as it can bypass via Belarus, China, Europe and there are no specific paths as America, in this regard, is exceptional. Snap a couple of wires and isolation for several months is assured.

Genius idea.

One snag - 10 out of 13 root servers that power the entire global internet are in the USA

Дмитрий:

Genius idea.

One snag - 10 out of 13 root servers that power the entire global internet are in the USA

)))), that's it, they chop it up and the entire world internet stays in America ))

Where are the other 3?