Scalping strategy: finding the exact entry point - page 2

Ruslan Kuchma:
Then I see. There is still one thing: how do we know if the price has already bounced from the level?
Candlesticks - candlestick size, ticks, etc. (you always need a confirmation)

Ruslan Kuchma:
It is very difficult to explain these levels to a robot.

Why a "robot"? It's enough to explain to a human being. So that you, without collusion, can always draw the same levels in the same situation.

It is not difficult to formulate it further for an EA.

George Merts:

Why a "robot"? It's enough to explain to a human being. So that you, without collusion, can always draw the same levels in the same situation.

It is not difficult to formulate it further for an EA.

This is the problem: as many people as there are eyes. Indeed, everyone draws levels differently anyway, even with the same methodology.

But the topic of the topic was not how I or anyone draws levels. The issue was the accuracy of the entry point. Perhaps my suggestion does not pretend to be accurate.

Who else has an opinion on this problem?

Ruslan Kuchma:
This is the problem: as many people as there are eyes. Indeed, levels are still drawn differently, even using the same methodology.

In my opinion, this means that the methodology is incorrectly described. Let's say I build trendlines so that anyone following it will draw trendlines exactly the same way I do.

After all, you are contradicting yourself. First you're talking about the precision of the input, and then it turns out to be "as many people, as many eyes" - what kind of "precision" is that?

It seems to me that the most important component of accuracy is independence from subjective factors. And the first direction in the formation of TS is in the formalization of trading techniques.

George Merts:

In my opinion, this means that the methodology is incorrectly described. Let's say I build trendlines so that anyone following it will draw trendlines exactly the same way I do.

After all, you are contradicting yourself. First you're talking about the precision of the input, and then it turns out to be "as many people, as many eyes" - what kind of "precision" is that?

It seems to me that the most important component of accuracy - is independence from subjective factors. And the first direction in the formation of TS is in the formalization of trading techniques.

The accuracy of the first entry - may be the same. But the exit is different for everyone. Since the entry occurs mainly after the exit, we lost the average entry accuracy. Also we got a direct dependence on subjective factors.

Based on the above, we can assume that there is no input accuracy at all.

Ruslan Kuchma:

The entry point for a Scalper is an enticement for BEGINNING traders. And the point here is not that it is not possible to define this point competently, but that the DC has a huge list of tools to deal with a successful Scalper - these are:

spread widening

studs

left quotes

delays in orders to open and close

internet network glitches

etc. etc.

Serqey Nikitin:

The entry point for a Scalper is an enticement for BEGINNING traders. And the point here is not that it is not possible to define this point competently, but that the DC has a huge list of tools to deal with a successful Scalper - this:

And in my opinion, all these "tools" are all nonsense. You can fight them quite successfully.

The main "tool to fight a successful scalper" is a direct refusal to pay a reward. More than once I have read that brokerage companies refuse to pay the trader because of reasons like "the deposit is growing too fast".

It is possible to fight spread widening, hairpin and quote errors. But how do you deal with "your funds are blocked and will not be repaid"?

George Merts:

In my opinion, these "tools" are all nonsense. They can be dealt with quite successfully.

The main "tool to fight a successful scalper" is a direct refusal to pay a reward.

You are right about one thing. Your suggestion fits very precisely in the above list under: "etc. etc."

Ruslan Kuchma:

But the topic of the topic was not how I or anyone draws levels. The issue was the accuracy of the entry point. Perhaps my suggestion does not pretend to be accurate.

You are using MACD for scalping. Why aren't you using divergences?
Reason: