Gorgeous Uncle Martin Gale - The Thorny Road to Millions or Total Collapse ! - page 8

khorosh:
It's a matter of opinion. Some are unhappy that the diamonds are too small, and some are unhappy that the chowder is too liquid. If I have 100 quid a month from this expert in addition to my pension, that's good enough for me. That's enough money to pay for the internet and all the utilities, and I'll still have money left over for beer. And as the number of bills rises, the income will increase.
Dreamer...

Alexander Bereznyak:
dreamer...
It's boring to live without a dream. If you do not have a dream, you get drunk or start using drugs. But on the other hand the dream is close to reality: since the 14th of July the Expert Advisor is successfully operating on 7 currencies. In the tester the semi-annual forward is also successful. Why not to dream? It is bad enough when a person dreams, but does not take any action to make his dream come true, like Manilov from Dead Souls. And if a man goes into battle every day for his dream, that's fine. Tsiolkovsky was a dreamer too, yet he flew into space).

Pulat Rikhsibaev:
Not so long ago I started using Martin Gale's principle in all its glory and grandeur. It turns out that a 1000$ cent account may yield good profits (with the right approach). The principle is simple: we wait for a pullback from a minimum or a maximum of 300 to 500 points and enter the market with a 0.01 s.l. volume of 100 points (200 points). When the moon reaches the s.l., we start good old Martin (who is always ready to help us out of the pit) and again enter with 0.02 and go on winning. And if it doesn't go, it will have to go without pulling back 1500 points, which is, I repeat, very unlikely. I don't deny the risk is always there, you don't want to risk entering the market and your capital will be saved with a 100% guarantee. (Of course, besides force majeure situations).
The martingale principle is of course a progressive tactic in the Forex market. But in Forex there is a factor of time and direction of exchange rates, which complicates the work with Martin. To avoid huge drawdowns using martingale, you should consider the module of price reversal and fixing of losses/profits in this case. If you don't jump against the trend, things can even be quite good.

Ruslan Kuchma:
To avoid huge drawdowns using martingale, you should think about the module of price reversal and fixing of losses/profits in this case. If we do not go against the trend it may even be very good.

There! This is our way. To leave the martin in place, limiting ourselves to only two fills, not covering the initial lot - but calling it a "martingale".

If we "think through the module of price reversal with fixation of losses and profits" it will be not a martingale, but only one of the manimanagement variants.

George Merts:

There! This is our way. Leave the martin in the ground and limit it to only two fills, not covering the initial lot - but call it a "martingale".

If we "think through the module of price reversal with fixing of losses-profits" it will be not a martingale, but just one of the mani-management variants.

Don't generate nonsense.

At least here: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Мартингейл

The essence of the system is as follows:

• The game starts with some pre-selected minimum bet.
  • After each loss, the player must increase the bet so that if he wins, he pays back all past losses in this series, with a small profit. (For example 1-2-4-8-16-32-64 etc.). If the sequence is followed, the player's profit on winning will be equal to the initial bet.
  • If the player wins, the player must revert back to the minimum bet.

Pulat Rikhsibaev:

Tell me, sir, you have written 285 EAs, have any of them earned a million?
Ask those who ordered them.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

don't generate nonsense.

At least here: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Мартингейл

The essence of the system is as follows:

• The game starts with some pre-selected minimum bet.
  • After each loss, the player must increase the bet so that if he wins, he pays back all past losses in this series, with a small profit. (For example 1-2-4-8-16-32-64 etc.). If the sequence is followed, the player's profit on winning will be equal to the initial bet.
  • If the player wins, the player must revert back to the minimum bet.
So read ! The second point - "in case of winning win to pay back all past losses". it is usually converted by the first one. MM is converted so that you need not one, but several wins to recoup. And then usually the third point is also changed - the return is not to the original bet at all, but depends on various things like "is there a trend now" or "are we in a slump now". As a result, there is almost nothing left of the original martingale (which you correctly pointed out).

At times, the market itself dictates that traders use advisors or trading styles with the Martin system. Some manage to show good profits for years, while most only manage to do so for a week to a couple of months.

From time to time such Expert Advisors are tested in the Strategy Tester and on cent accounts, but the results are not so good as on dollar accounts.

Izzatilla Ikramov:

At times, the market itself dictates that traders use an Expert Advisor or trading style with Martin's system.

Mm-hmm. Grabbing the back of the neck and insisting that traders trade on Martin, threatening to beat them up if they do not.
Reason: