Are "momentum" strategies possible? That is, catching a continuation of a strong move ... - page 4

forexman77:

Well, the kitchens also seem to buy currency to sell to us, so they widen the spread to protect themselves against slippages.

In fact, the spread is many times larger than what we see. I often tried to catch "impulse" at such moments in an offer or bid price.)

How bewildering was the fact that the deals opened much worse than in the quote, thus increasing the spread to 30 points, for example, not really true + slippage = the whole 70 points may be.

Maybe it's really about the kitchen. The most interesting thing is another - you make a deal for arbitrage, and it is executed on the sly - the deal itself is executed at the worst price, but the take profit works out for the declared opposite and instead of the expected plus you instantly find yourself in the red! And you open at a time when the spread is within normal limits!!!!

Daniil Stolnikov:
Maybe it's really all about the kitchen. The most interesting thing is another - you are striking a deal for arbitrage, and it is executed on the sly - the deal itself is executed at the worst price, but the take profit works out at the declared opposite and instead of the expected plus you instantly find yourself in deficit! And you open it at a time when the spread is within normal limits!!!
And if you specify a certain number of points of slippage in your EA? Would it help?

forexman77:
How about specifying a slippage of a certain number of pips in the EA? Would it help?
There is no slippage allowed on an ECN)

Daniil Stolnikov:
There is no slippage allowed on an ECN ))
And if you specify slippage in the"OrderSend" function, will it not work?

forexman77:
And if you specify slippage in the "OrderSend" function, won't it work?
If I'm not mistaken, this parameter is simply ignored during Market Execution. I even checked it once )). Use Limiters - slippage is only for your benefit

Daniil Stolnikov:
If I'm not mistaken, this parameter is simply ignored during Market Execution. I even checked it once )) The market will not work if you do not know how to use it.
So that's how the deposit may be lost. By spreading the spread and slippage.

Daniil Stolnikov:
If I'm not mistaken, this parameter is simply ignored in Market Execution. I even checked it once )) Use Limiters - slippage will only work in your favour.
Not ignored, slippage is triggered by fast market moves, if there is no slippage the order may go astray

forexman77:
So that's how they can drain the deposit. By spreading the spread and slippage.
They can and how

Alexey Busygin:
It is not ignored, slippage is triggered by fast market moves; if there is no slippage, the order might hit the queue.

So still, if I specify slipage a certain number of pips and the market starts to rush when the slipage is exceeded will the order open?

This is about opening an order. As for the stop or profit, slippage is not specified there, at least, I have not found it.

Theoretically, if slippage can be specified in the order opening, then it can occur when a stop loss is taken?

Alexey Busygin:
They can and how.
How can this be prevented?
Reason: