Filtering signals on the Expert Advisor. I chose the iVolume indicator for filtering. What other indicators do you use? - page 7

Alexander Ivanov:
The code of the indicator is at the top.
There are two concepts - the source code and the executable file. What are we talking about?

Alexander Ivanov:
the iVolume indicator itself is a democratic indicator. Not red and not white. I add up the volumes during the month and find the level by averaging.
What does averaging mean? Between what and what? The volumes at the beginning of the month and the volumes at the end of the month? If the indicator is only democratic, how do you choose the direction to enter the trade?

The main thing is that it is interesting to try different filtering methods. A little bit advanced in the market filtering method.

For example iVolume gives a warning when certain levels are reached. The monthly average is taken - smoothly. But it is very slow when testing, as all ticks are counted through the FOR/ cycle.

Alexander Ivanov:
For example iVolume lets you know when certain levels are reached. It takes the monthly average - smoothly. But when testing it is very slow, as the counting of all ticks goes through the FOR/ cycle.

Every time for? And by cumulative method?

And what is a cumulative value? What kind of statistics are we talking about? iVolume can get the volumes for a given period. If I want to get the volumes for the previous month, I write iVolume(Symbol(), PERIOD_MN1,1). So it's not clear what is the average value?

Or is it iVolume(Symbol(), PERIOD_MN1,1)/iBars(Symbol(), PERIOD_MN1)? We obtain the average value at one bar?

You're not asking for the source code to use it in some way, but to understand what you want to say with words like "average value" etc.

Oleg Voitiouk:

Each time for? And by cumulative method?

And what is a cumulative value? What kind of statistics are we talking about? iVolume can get the volumes for a given period. If I want to get the volumes for the previous month, I write iVolume(Symbol(), PERIOD_MN1,1). So it's not clear what is the average value?

Or is it iVolume(Symbol(), PERIOD_MN1,1)/iBars(Symbol(), PERIOD_MN1)? We obtain the average value at one bar?

You're not asking for the source code to use it in some way, but to understand what you want to say with words like "average value" and so on.

Ok, I did it - iVolume(Symbol(),PERIOD_MN1,1) I will try to apply it, but I will make the shift =0

But it will be a rougher calculation of volumes, there are interesting nuances during the month.

Fixed the old version a bit. But left the filtering the same.

Files:

On an unfamiliar period from 26.04.2011

Betting out of the blue, waiting if in a couple of days the trade will not close, puts another one against the trend.... Yeah, well...

I don't understand the idea of using volumes.

Reason: