New Metatrader4 platform

I have been trying to use metatrader now for about 3 weeks. I used it successfully for over 7 years. I took a one year break and there are problems with using the new platform that I just have not been able to figure out. Problem one is coding. I try to encode an EA and I compile it and it works line by line for several attempts and then it tells me that the EA is write protected and I can not save it while I am trying to compile it. So I can copy it to notepad and try to rename it and copy it back to metatrader but it blocks this attempt as well. Anyone have a solution?

Also I can put custom indicators in and make them work sometimes. I can get it to work on one computer and the other one downloads it, compiles it and then when it is entered on the chart the window is there but the window is blank. Any suggestions?

KeithBunge:

I have been trying to use metatrader now for about 3 weeks. I used it successfully for over 7 years. I took a one year break and there are problems with using the new platform that I just have not been able to figure out. Problem one is coding. I try to encode an EA and I compile it and it works line by line for several attempts and then it tells me that the EA is write protected and I can not save it while I am trying to compile it. So I can copy it to notepad and try to rename it and copy it back to metatrader but it blocks this attempt as well. Anyone have a solution?

Answered in your other topic, please don't double posts.

Also I can put custom indicators in and make them work sometimes. I can get it to work on one computer and the other one downloads it, compiles it and then when it is entered on the chart the window is there but the window is blank. Any suggestions?

If you don't compile it, but use the old .ex4 there is 99% chance it will be compatible. If you compile it you can have to fix it, aven if it compiles correctly there are important changes in build >=600.
Upgrade to MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher - MQL4 Articles
  • www.mql5.com
Upgrade to MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher - MQL4 Articles: features of automated forex trading and strategy tester
Reason: