Is the linear deceleration a programming error or a feature of MT4?

Not a programmer, but like everyone here inclined to analysis, I'm trying to understand the reasons for the EA's braking, namely what in the case of changing it led to detrimental consequences, and most importantly whether it's possible to fix it.

Background

Having decided to test my idea I ordered Kamikadze_MA_V_01 https://www.mql5.com/ru/job/10296 in the "Jobs" section and it was executed.

After having tested it I decided to improve it, in fact the improvements are not very substantial - life time of open and pending orders, limitation in the number of open orders per trend and possibility to block opening/closing of orders including their closing - Kamikadze_MA_V_02 https://www.mql5.com/ru/job/10359, the work has been completed according to the algorithm.

Now I have ordered one more addition in the form of oscillator filter that excludes work on user-defined ranges Kamikadze_MA_V_03 https://www.mql5.com/ru/job/10720 .

Reality

Since the work of any (my) Expert Advisor starts with its setup (all symbols have different volatility and preferences for indicator parameters), the speed of optimization is critically important.

So estimated speed of processing - 23 passes from 2000 to 2013 on one hour time frame by opening prices:

1. Kamikadze_MA_V_01 - 5 minutes

2. Kamikadze_MA_V_02 - 15 minutes.

3. Kamikadze_MA_V_03 - more than 30 minutes

This kind of work just kills the possibility of quick EA configuration.

The question is

Is it possible to increase the speed of Kamikadze_MA_V_02 by optimizing the code and decreasing the processing time to the version Kamikadze_MA_V_01 without losing the ability to trade on a real account?

MQL5 работа: Kamikadze_MA_V_01
MQL5 работа: Kamikadze_MA_V_01
  • www.mql5.com
Название советника: Kamikadze_MA_V_01 Данный советник состоит из 3 MA которые настраиваются по всем параметрам и которые могут быть изменены на пользовательский индикатор. Важно - советник может работать на текущем тайм фрейме(15минут), но по данным с верхнего тайм фрейма(1час). Настраиваемые переменные: lot - размер начального лота lotM - вариант изменения размера лота при повторном открытии отложенного ордера до достижения maT TF - тайм фрейм по которому будут рассчитываться МА, если "0" то на...

-Aleks-:

Question

Is it possible to increase the speed of Kamikadze_MA_V_02 by optimizing the code and decreasing processing time to the version Kamikadze_MA_V_01 without losing the ability to trade on a real account?

It is possible.

I think it may be 10 times faster. Perhaps, the EA may not have anything to do with it.

What do you want to get for 30 credits?

Serj_Che:
Возможно. 

That's encouraging! What needs to be changed globally in the code to do this?

Serj_Che:

What did you want for 30 credits?

Here we go.

he's humiliating himself. is that fashionable?

-Aleks-:

That's encouraging! What needs to be changed globally in the code for this to work?

When you initially write one thing and then add conditions that break the logic and structure of the program, you get crutches.

The good thing is that you have to rewrite it all over again.

Serj_Che:

When you initially write one thing and then add conditions that break the logic and structure of the programme, you get crutches.

The good thing is that you have to rewrite it all over again.

The point is that 4 of my EAs (which I developed myself) are constantly being improved, and it seems to me that this is a normal phenomenon. Of course performance sometimes drops, but that's around 10%-15%, while in this case it is 3 times between two versions. I just think there is something in the code which significantly slows down the EA.

And then, isn't the programmer interested in finalizing his work, getting consistent TOR and a stable income, understanding his code and figuring out the Expert Advisor's logic, instead of taking on a new TOR from scratch, by participating in a tender?

I offered to speed up and optimise your performance for the tester and gave you a sort of acceptable cost. Initially, the task of speeding up the EA in the tester when running the EA in 15 years was not an issue).

zfs:
I offered you to speed up and optimize it for tester and gave you kind of an acceptable cost. Initially, the task of speeding up the EA in the tester when running the EA for 15 years was not an issue).

I don't want to publicly discuss my attitude to the result of the work right now.

I am asking for help in finding possible mistakes and correcting them.

I am ready to consider your proposal if you tell me how many times the performance gain will be and what is the error.

The variant of adding a custom indicator to the Expert Advisor's code will not give the expected performance gain, and how else are you going to improve the performance? Replace "Price" by "Open"?

sergeev:

startin'.

I don't understand your line, who is humiliating who?

sergeev:

Or maybe he's just being honest and admitting he's a shithead :)

TheXpert:
Or maybe he just honestly admits that he is full of shit :)

There's another smart-ass.

I have nothing to do with this job at all.

You're the one who's talking shit.

I'm just pointing out that they're both wrong. The programmer wrote a shoddy code and the customer fell for the cheapness.

You could have settled this intimate question between them (client and contractor), but since you want to discuss it publicly - I gave my opinion (delicately).

Reason: