Bitcoin and everything associated with it. The home of cryptomaniacs and their adversaries. - page 173

sanyooooook:

acquaintances are sick and tired of looking for ideas on what to do over the summer, as they say "finding money is not a problem" ))

Comrades from /**/ go on holiday every summer as traders and hold conferences there. Quite intelligent people. You are welcome to join us as a brigade.

sanyooooook:

there was a threat of arbitration the other day, any luck?

did they find arbitration?

Shh! Of course they haven't.

Блин я ж написал -- нашедший блок. Он получает награду и комиссию всех транзакций.

I don't understand.

So, if there are no active miners, it is no longer possible to make transfers within the network?

or when the mining of blocks is over (or a new block will be very difficult to mine, as I understand the time), it will also be impossible to make transfers between users?

Why do transfers between users have to go through miners?

sergeev:

I don't understand.

So if there are no active miners, you cannot make transfers within the network?

You can, as the network is broadcast. But they will not be verified by anyone, i.e. such transfers (transactions) are called crude and no one accepts them.

To make it easier to understand, any fool can make any transaction (with any wishes) and send it to the network.

The analogy is with trade orders on the stock exchange. Only on exchange, the order is checked for correctness by brokers, but in bitcoin network by solominers, before it comes to execution. And the commission is also either to the brokers or the miners.

Reshetov:

You can, as the grid is broadcast. But they will not be verified by anyone, i.e. such transfers (transactions) are called raw and no one accepts them.

To make it easier to understand, any fool can manufacture any transaction (with any wishes) and send it to the net.

The analogy is with trade orders on the stock exchange. Only on exchange, the order is checked for correctness by brokers, but in bitcoin network by solominers, before it comes to execution. And the commission is also either to the brokers or the miners.

An unverified transfer is not a transfer, which means that if confirmations start to drag on, the cryptocurrency will start to go under. But since the complexity of confirmations will always grow and the processing power of the network will sooner or later reach saturation (nothing lasts forever) the slowdown of transfers is inevitable and such cryptocurrency is doomed, right?

But what does this have to do with the miner?

More precisely, what does the miner have to do with the transfer? He is not the owner of the payment. How does he verify it in the sense that why can't another person do it?

What is the secret that no one here says?

I can still understand that a payment needs to be verified by someone, but why the miner?

The payment has details - from whom, to whom, and how much + commission.

The payment needs to be verified, that's clear.

But what is the main criterion for selecting one miner and not another? Or may any person put a software to confirm transfers.

Andrew writes about blocks (chains of blocks) of packed payments, but what does a miner have to do with them?

It's not new bits being created but already existing ones, why is there an ashik in the payment validation process?

sergeev:

What's the secret that no one else is telling you?

The secret is polyschinel )

I don't know where to start explaining it to you because I don't understand what it is you don't understand.

sergeev:

But what does this have to do with the miner?

More precisely, what does the miner have to do with the transfer? He is not the owner of the payment. How does he verify it in the sense of - why can't another person do it?

what is the secret that no one here says?

The secret of public key cryptography is that there are no secrets other than private keys. I.e. the software is open, algorithms are available to everyone, and anyone can get into the source code and modify it as he wishes. After that, the software will start to send transactions as it is written in its algorithm.

To frustrate anyone wishing to bend the unwary and bring everything into line, public-key cryptography has developed protocols that are reasonably likely to calculate a scam. One such protocol is built into the bit mining algorithm.

Another one is that the cryptographic protocol for bitcoins is not self-sufficient, i.e. a third party, a solo miner, is needed to validate the transactions.

sergeev:

but on what basis is one miner chosen over another? and is it chosen at all - or can anyone put software and confirm transfers.

The software which first finds a suitable block hash (from still raw transactions) for the current complexity (proof of work) and is confirming the block, i.e. it signs the block with the closed wallet key of the software. After that, the block is broadcasted over the network and each software, before putting it into its database, rechecks both the block itself and all transactions in it for correctness in accordance with the cryptographic protocol. If a scam is detected, the block is rejected.

sergeev:

It's not new bits being created, it's existing bits, so why would there be an asic in the payment validation process?

These are not existing bits, as each block includes one special transaction that has no revenue part (inputs), but only expense part (outputs) - transfer of mined coins + transaction fees to miner's wallet. This transaction will be considered raw (coins cannot be spent) until another 120 blocks are generated (about 20 hours).

Candid:
An unverified transfer is not a transfer, meaning if confirmations start to drag on, the cryptocurrency will start to go down. But since the complexity of confirmations will always grow and the processing power of the network will sooner or later reach saturation (nothing lasts forever) the slowdown of transfers is inevitable and such cryptocurrency is doomed, right?

The complexity is recalculated every 4 weeks so that all the computing power involved in mining can find a single matching hash within about 10 minutes. I.e. if the processing power decreases, the complexity will also decrease.

No matter how you spin it, within about 10 minutes some transactions will be confirmed and the cryptocurrency will not be doomed, even if miners appear every once in a while or transaction senders turn on mining to confirm their own transfers.

Reshetov:

The complexity is recalculated every 4 weeks so that all the computing power involved in mining can find a single matching hash within about 10 minutes. That is, if the processing power decreases, then the complexity will also decrease.

No matter how you spin it, within about 10 minutes some transactions will be confirmed and the cryptocurrency will not be doomed, even if miners show up sporadically or transaction senders enable mining to confirm their own transfers.

Well yes, that's right, limiting issuance comes at the cost of lowering the fee per block. Thanks.
Reason: