You're using a "lock"

Much respected audience of this resource, would like to know how you feel about using a "lock" in trades, instead of using a stop loss!

pips:
...how do you feel about using a "lock" in trades instead of using a stop loss!
I'm fine with it. Until the first time I get busted. Then I'll kill such tactics :-))

You have a lock - you don't need a key.

Have a key - don't need a lock.

pips:
Much respected audience of this resource, I would like to know how you feel about using a "lock" in trades, instead of using a stop loss!
I use a lock in one ATS as part of my strategy in combination with stop orders on the principle SL=TP =200 -700pp... If I do not use a lock, the profit, although remaining acceptable, decreases by 10-20% and increases the maximal drawdown by the same amount. The Expert Advisor sets and manages the lock itself. In manual trading, when there is no clear strategy of destroying, the lock is, I think, evil.

As to weakness of spirit.

Scriptong:
As in weakness of spirit.
Castle = psychological distress + lost spread.

pips:
Dear audience of this resource, I would like to know how you feel about using a "lock" in trades instead of using a stop loss!

I'm not asking on the wrong resource, everyone who has a good attitude gave up on MT5 a long time ago and is sitting on MT4 (as they say, it's everyone's own business, no arguments about tastes).

yosuf:
Castle = psychological distress + lost spread.

++

Urain:

I'm asking on the wrong site, everyone who has a good attitude has long spat on MT5 and is sitting on MT4 (as they say, it's up to everyone, taste is not a matter of debate).

++

My guess is that MT4 is a good one too.

I just went into the castle on the advice of a friend - so as not to lose (as he put it) and now I think whether it was the right thing to do and why I did so.

A lock is a kind of frozen pregnancy... You still have to have the baby. :)

The lock is self-defeating.

Everyone is extremely opposed to the use of a lock, not just as a stop loss, but in using it at all.

Reason: