Automated Trading Championship 2011 - Rules - page 7

I have a question for the organisers.

As I understand it, 12 currency pairs are available for trading.

How many and what pairs are available for analysis? The same 12? Or more?

MetaDriver:

I have a question for the organisers.

As I understand it, there are 12 currency pairs available for trading.

And how many and what pairs will be available for analysis? The same 12? Or more?

Only 12 pairs, there will be nothing else. Everything is the same as in previous 4 competitions.

Renat:

Only 12 pairs, there will be nothing else. Everything is exactly the same as the last 4 competitions.

Understood, thank you.

Renat:

Only 12 pairs, there will be nothing else. Everything is exactly the same as the last 4 competitions.

What are the criteria for selecting these 12 (there are other pairs on the server)?

Interesting:

It seems to me that 15 minutes to test multicurrency experts might not be enough.

I apologise immensely if I missed anything! But where did the"15 minutes" for testing come from???

Interesting:
And what are the criteria for selecting these 12 (there are other pairs on the server)?

A minimally sufficient set of tools + resource saving considerations when dozens of terminals are working together on one computer.

Yedelkin:
I apologize immensely if I missed anything! But where did the"15 minutes" for testing come from?
Such time was in the last championship too.

Renat:

Yedelkin:
I apologize immensely if I missed anything! But where did the"15 minutes" for testing come from???

This was also the time in the last championship.

I didn't find it in the Č-2011 rules.

For fun, I created a multi-currency Expert Advisor. One symbol takes 9 minutes to process (Atom, 1.66). With each new symbol, processing time increasesproportionally. Down with multi-currency EA?

Yedelkin:
I apologize immensely if I have missed anything! But where does the"15 minutes" for testing come from?

Championship Section, 4th News - "Preparing Expert Advisors for the Automated Trading Championship 2011".

The first requirement for all the Expert Advisors sent to the Championship is the limitation on the testing time in the "All ticks" mode. A correctly written EA is economical in use of processor resources.

At the first three Championships the maximum allowable time for testing was 5 minutes, while at the Automated Trading Championship 2010 the time for automated testing was increased to 15 minutes.

If it takes more than 15 minutes to test an EA, it fails because of excessive consumption of resources.
Подготовка эксперта к Automated Trading Championship 2011 - Automated Trading Championship 2011
  • championship.mql5.com
На Чемпионате по автоматическому трейдингу на протяжении трех месяцев сотни участников со всего мира продемонстрируют свои разработки. Все советники, принимающие участие в соревновании, должны соблюдать Правила Чемпионата. В данной статье мы рассмотрим основные вопросы, на которые необходимо обратить внимание всем участникам Чемпионата.

Interesting:

Championship Section, News 4 - "Expert Preparation for the Automated Trading Championship 2011".

I see. Just like in the good old days. Forced to focus on anything but the Rules (laws). :(

Yedelkin:

I did not find this in the Ch-2011 rules.

For fun, I created a multi-currency Expert Advisor. One symbol takes 9 minutes to process (Atom, 1.66). With each new symbol, processing time increasesproportionally. Down with multi-currency EA?

Empty Expert Advisor - small initialization + timer 1 second, testing period from 01/01/2011 to 26/06/2011 = 49-50 seconds.

The same Expert Advisor with a list of symbols (10 symbols) passes this period for 250-300 seconds.

If the "blank" mullet passes the stipulated period in 5 minutes, then for all the logic will remain 10 minutes.

I tested on Intel P4 3.0 GHz.

PS

It should be taken into account that the time is measured by the hardware organizers, which will be faster.

Yedelkin:
I see. Just like the good old days. Forced to be guided by anything but the Rules (laws). :(

At the past, too, was 15, though closer to the final registration broke through a few who are not within the limit (do not remember now increased the period to 20 or just allowed after manual checks).

In the rules, this point looks like a general requirement for ergonomics and saving resources for the experts.