The future of automated trading - page 28

ns_k:

2. 2. "Stop, stop, stop, rearrange" is not from robots, but from the fact that fewer and fewer people are trading during the day.

In general I was expecting this thread not only to predict and gather facts that robots are advancing but also how to combat them, or, for example, that people would comment on how to get around robots. Let me be more specific... What makes a human being stronger than a robot, what are his or her strengths compared to an electronic brain

The algorithm for the "electronic brain" is created by a human, in any case, humans compete. But I think the routine of opening - closing positions is better left to a robot.

nasdaq:
The algorithm for the "electronic brain" is created by a human, in any case, people compete. But I think the routine of opening and closing positions is better left to a robot.
Until artificial intelligence comes along, humans will always rule

ns_k:

I would generally like to believe in a brighter future, but there are some inconsistencies in the following judgements

1. "scare off competitors" - in the marketplace, making money at the expense of the mistakes of others. Conspiracy theories will scare off the wrong people even more, in my opinion. People in blogs aren't scaring off competitors, they're spouting their worries about the market having "gone electronic and the old methods not working", if I may put it that way. Here's another linkhttp://finparty.ru/section/interview/

Quote: "First of all, the commissions were 50-60 bps back then. Secondly, the rhythm of work was completely different. Now with the development of technology and infrastructure the industry has become much more intensive, which on the one hand is good. On theother hand, it has become much less dependent on human factor.When I first got into the stock market, there were no such things as DMA, algorithmic trading, etc.And now in New York, probably 90% of the volume is going through the new technological infrastructure capabilities. As a matter of fact, the flash crush of 2010 demonstrated this very clearly. And there are no fewer of them. Mistakes will be made, but the market will be increasingly controlled in this way. What is my role here? My market of 'human bodies' is shrinking."

2. " standing, standing, standing, repositioning" is not from robots, but from the fact that fewer and fewer people are trading during the day

I was generally expecting this thread not only to predict and gather facts that robots are advancing, but also how to deal with it or, for example, that people would comment on how to get around robots. Let me be more specific... How is a human stronger than a robot, what are its strengths compared to an electronic brain

The algorithm is built by a human, and it will be for a very long time. Pose open/close quickly, so it's good that the bot takes on such a job.

I don't understand the problem. I have been trading since times when I needed to make a deal by phone and I am very glad that now, in my old age, I can almost have free virtual slaves, and I just need an algorithm modification sometimes for mere kopecks.

Summary: the fact that "big players" will eat everything is a lie, the very structure of strategies for large volumes is different from small, they are clumsy and inertial, they leave a lot of inefficiencies after them, you can not for example pipsing a billion even through the prime. It's a multi-level trough and will remain so. Well, if noises or usual candlestick distributions change a bit, they will quickly come up with new statistical interpretations. It's simple, just look through the probability of one or another continuation for each figure. It can be done by a bot as well.

The idea is that the market music never stops, it simply evolves, it used to be classical, but now it's pop or rap sometimes. The main thing is to have volatility. Bots do not interfere with it. I am not talking about the magic of some brokerage companies now, they are separate madness, which has nothing to do with the interbank Forex.

I can say that if a person is inventive and persistent, he can become a multimillionaire from scratch in 3-5 years with algo-trading. If you are persistent, you can just have a good salary if you program HFT bots for funds. Approximately $150-300k a year.

That's a good prospect. Especially this is a subsection of artificial intelligence and you can change the direction at any time, that it is not particularly important if you understand the essence, in general, the knowledge will not be lost. And AI is a huge developing market.

And most importantly, it is very interesting.

About the bright future, I doubt it. It does no one any good and is mostly just a pastime for intellectuals.

I think in the future the market will be efficient and all types of arbitrage will disappear. But for another 5 or 10 years it will be possible to play.

Alex_Bondar:

About the bright future, I doubt it. It does no one any good and is mostly just a pastime for intellectuals.

I think in the future the market will be efficient and all types of arbitrage will disappear. But for another 5 or 10 years it will be possible to play.

Here. It will be made efficient by robots that delve into speech, video, political rankings, weather forecasts, real-time collection of sales statistics and other things that now seem incredibly difficult to even estimate. By now few are surprised that traffic fines can be paid for via internet banking, so why should it be surprising that the GDP onwww.bea.gov/ will be updated in real time in a few years' time, say. This is where things are headed, in my opinion, and it will become a marketplace we could never dream of.

ns_k:
Here. It will be made efficient by robots delving into speech, video, political rankings, weather forecasts, real-time collection of sales statistics and other things that now seem incredibly difficult to even estimate. By now few are surprised that traffic fines can be paid for via internet banking, so why should it be surprising that the GDP onwww.bea.gov/ will be updated in real time in a few years' time, say. This is where things are headed, in my opinion, and it will become a marketplace we could never dream of.

The future is hazy.

Reason: