Trading Systems: Creation of an Automated Trading System

New article Creation of an Automated Trading System has been published:

You must admit that it sounds alluringly - you become a fortunate possessor of a program that can develop for you a profitable automated trading system (ATS) within a few minutes. All you need is to enter desirable inputs and press Enter. And - here you are, take your ATS tested and having positive expected payoff. Where thousands of people spend thousands of hours on developing that very unique ATS, which will "wine and dine", these statements sound, to put it mildly, very hollow.

On the one hand, this really looks a little larger than life... However, to my mind, this problem can be solved. We all know that the nature of market fluctuations changes all the time whereas the tools frequently used by traders have usually low adaptivity to varied conditions. This objectively results from that, prior to adaptation, one should have a clear idea of what to adapt to. In most cases, we ourselves cannot define clearly what surrounds us, in order to elaborate an adequate behavior pattern.

If it is referred to creation of algorithms under uncertainty, how can one blind (a man) lead another blind (a computer) where to go? On the other hand, everything repeats in this world earlier or later, so the situation that took place in the past can take place again in future. It is this fact that underlies the most ATS's. I'm not referring to adaptation to varied conditions on the market. I'd better stress patience and ability to wait until the moment, which brought statistically acceptable results in the past, comes back.

Author: Rustem Bigeev

For a quick start use this tool Strategy Builder to create EA. It's a visual environment to create EA and indicators. Really fast and easy. no coding is required.
There are also some examples and even a forum.