Matstat Econometrics Matan - page 27

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Of course they do, the issue is that they do not answer that there is a real correlation, it is just an estimate of the relationship. Correlation can be in the form of assets depending on each other and the same behaviour of assets from external factors. Ideally the second part is not a correlation but the same behaviour from external factors. And these are different influences, which should be evaluated separately. They are different things. And if you take by definition a statistical relationship of random variables, then you are right, but what does that estimate provide.

At any moment the assets can start behaving differently because there was no real correlation and the impact of external factors has become insignificant.

x/y and z/y -no answer to whether there is a real correlation?????

EUR/USD and GBP/USD - no real correlation????

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Valery, you need to rest.

Dmytryi Nazarchuk:

x/y and z/y arenot an answer to the existence of a real correlation?????

EUR/USD and GBP/USD are not about having a real correlation????

What's that got to do with it. Give the cross triangle as an example. Ruble and Kazakh Som and Congo to Somalia. Is there a correlation?

Relaxing as I chat here.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Ruble to dollar and Kazakh som to dollar?

Why is there a correlation, well...

Kindergarten-level stuff about the MoD.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

What's that got to do with it? Give the cross triangle as an example. Ruble and Kazakh Som and Congo to Somalia. Is there a correlation?

I rest my case when I talk here.

I disagree. There is no permanent correlation in currencies, there can be temporary correlation in currency pairs.

Uladzimir Izerski:

I disagree. There is no permanent correlation in currencies, there can be a temporary correlation in currency pairs.

I'm not saying otherwise. Of course there is correlation and it is not constant. Given that there are majors and other currencies that are quoted against them, how can they not be.

Dmytryi Nazarchuk:

So you haven't answered. Spell it out, if it's all that simple. The countries are quite far apart. The economies are hardly contiguous, unless of course we've gone into Somalia and the Congo, I don't know. And the question is what is the correlation between these pairs. Ruble to Som and Congo currency to Somali currency. They are all quoted to the majors.

And if you look at the major pairs, of course it will always be there, more or less, but always, because these countries and their economies interact quite closely.))

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

So you haven't answered. Spell it out, if it's that simple. The countries are quite far apart. The economies are hardly contiguous, unless of course we've gone into Somalia and the Congo, I don't know. And the question is what is the correlation between these pairs. Ruble to Som and Congo currency to Somali currency. They are all quoted to the majors.

And if you look at the major pairs, of course it will always be there, more or less, but always, because these countries and their economies are quite closely correlated.)))

Do you even understand what forex is and where the Somali currency is from it?
Don't leave the MoD branch - it's all yours there

Dmytryi Nazarchuk:
Do you understand what forex is and where is the currency of Somalia?
Don't leave the MoD branch - it's all yours

What's the problem? There are plenty of third world currencies on the forex market. Maybe the examples aren't very good, but I hope you get the point.

And the fact that forex is only for the majors and the first world countries ... This conclusion must be drawn from the first sentence?

Then give your definition of what forex is))))

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

What's the problem? There are many third world currencies on the forex market. Maybe the examples aren't very good, but I hope you get the point.

And the fact that forex is only for majors and first world countries... This conclusion must be drawn from the first sentence?

Then give your definition of what is Forex))))

Forex is the bottom of the world's monetary system. Wherever there is a shortage or a surplus is dumped here

Reason: