Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 3089

Forester #:

So any of us can create a decent code better than the abandoned Darcha with bugs if we work hard on it.

And in other languages, does everyone work their projects to death?

What's the complaint, and to whom? And what does R have to do with it?

mytarmailS #:

Does everyone on other JA's run their projects to death?

What is the complaint, and to whom? And what does R have to do with it?

Again, to which this was a reply.

Blind faith NOT in packages, but in a professional development environment.

All of the above is what defines R as a professional development environment and an environment for statistical professionals.

NO sane programmer would NOT entrust money to a homemade programme? If you have an ingenious optimisation algorithm, that formalise the package and put it on CRAN. But the distance from what you have to CRAN is huge. It takes a huge effort to turn your homemade algorithms into a professional and generally available tool. By the way, optimisation algorithms in R are only a shell in R, and the algorithm itself is either C++ or Fortran.

Don't idealise R and packages in it. I have shown an example that there are packages with bugs in it too. They didn't want to fix them and just deleted them.

The same "kolkhoz" is present there, as we are called here..... But what does collective labour have to do with it? - Collective labour can be more significant and cleaned from errors (10 people work on katbust for a good salary all the time). Rather and in R there are self-designs/drafts of single developers (taking into account what Renat said - they mostly work with individuals). And here mostly everyone works independently.

Oh, that's naked.

Forester #:

I'll repeat what this was in response to

Don't idealise R and the packages in it. I showed an example that there are packages with bugs in it too. Which they didn't want to fix, but just removed.

The same "kolkhoz" is present there, as we are called here..... But what does collective labour have to do with it? - Collective labour can be more significant and cleaned from errors (10 people work on katbust for a good salary all the time). Rather and in R there are self-designs/drafts of single developers (taking into account what Renat said - they mostly work with individuals). And here it's mostly everyone working on their own.

No one is idealising, we just sometimes respond to the attacks of the stoners with their own language

mytarmailS #:

I once asked you how you know if a vehicle has been retrained.

here you go https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/pbo/index.html

https://github.com/mrbcuda/pbo

What's the idea? Do they compare statistical parameters at the training and test sites? And if it is worse by 2,3,5,10 times, it is retrained?

mytarmailS #:
No one is idealising, we just sometimes respond to the attacks of the stoners with their own language.
No one attacked R. Turn the pages back, refresh your memory.
Sanych called me and all those who don't bang their foreheads against the altar of R a collective farmer.

Andrey Dik #:
Nobody attacked R. Turn the pages back, refresh your memory.
Sanych called me and all those who don't bang their foreheads against the altar of R a collective farmer.
I don't mean you, I mean the clown.
Count how many times the word "package" has been mentioned in a mocking tone over the last 20 pages and you'll realise for yourself

Forester #:
What's the idea? Do they compare statistical parameters at the training and test sites? And if worse by 2, 3, 5, 10 times, then retrained?
I haven't looked into it myself yet, I just came across it, I don't have enough time to do everything catastrophically

mytarmailS #:
I haven't sorted it out myself yet, just caught my eye, don't have time for everything catastrophically
😀😀😀😀😀😁😁😁😁😂😂😂😂😂👍

Can you tell me, if I install mt5 under Linux, will OpenAL work? Has anyone tried it?
Reason: