Market Watch limited to 5000 symbols

Hi Guys,

I developed an Options Screening EA that monitors around 8000 options (CALL and PUT of various expirations), which meet my monitoring parameters. However, functions I need, such as SymbolInfoTick, SymbolInfoInteger, SymbolInfoDouble and so on, only work for symbols present in Market Watch. According to the documentation that allows a maximum of 5000 symbols. Are there any workarounds for this limitation in Market Watch?

Glayton Teixeira de Araújo: I developed an Options Screening EA that monitors around 8000 options (CALL and PUT of various expirations), which meet my monitoring parameters. However, functions I need, such as SymbolInfoTick, SymbolInfoInteger, SymbolInfoDouble and so on, only work for symbols present in Market Watch. According to the documentation that allows a maximum of 5000 symbols. Are there any workarounds for this limitation in Market Watch?

I don't know of any brokers with that many symbols, but even if it is an issue, then logically speaking, you could just enable and disable symbols on the Market Watch in groups, obtain their data, and then move onto the next group in a sequential manner for example.

Glayton Teixeira de Araújo:

Hi Guys,

I developed an Options Screening EA that monitors around 8000 options (CALL and PUT of various expirations), which meet my monitoring parameters. However, functions I need, such as SymbolInfoTick, SymbolInfoInteger, SymbolInfoDouble and so on, only work for symbols present in Market Watch. According to the documentation that allows a maximum of 5000 symbols. Are there any workarounds for this limitation in Market Watch?

You have to create a custom symbol.