Discussion of article "Learn how to design a trading system by CCI"

New article Learn how to design a trading system by CCI has been published:

In this new article from our series for learning how to design trading systems, I will present the Commodities Channel Index (CCI), explain its specifics, and share with you how to create a trading system based on this indicator.

If CCI value below -100, give a buy signal, give a take profit. If CCI is not below -100, check if CCI above -100 and below 100 do nothing (hold) and if not check if CCI above 100, give short then check if CCI is below -100, give a take profit and if not check if CCI value below 100 and above -100 do nothing (hold).

CCI sideway blueprint

Author: Mohamed Abdelmaaboud

Hello Mohamed...

Nice to meet you again here. I've tried your CCI signal. I compared the value generated by your CCI_simple_system is different with bulit-in CCI as you you can see on the attached picture.

Could you please explain why the values are difference? I saw that the period used is the same, 14.

Thank you very much for your kind attention and support.

Cheers,

Toto S

Files:

Toto Sarono #:

Hello Mohamed...

Nice to meet you again here. I've tried your CCI signal. I compared the value generated by your CCI_simple_system is different with bulit-in CCI as you you can see on the attached picture.

Could you please explain why the values are difference? I saw that the period used is the same, 14.

Thank you very much for your kind attention and support.

Cheers,

Toto S

Hello Toto,

Thanks for your comment and nice to meet you again.

First thing, I appreciate that you try applying and testing everything. About your question, the answer is that I wrote the code using PRICE_CLOSE only and this is one of options of the default CCI on Metatrader 5 and if you changed parameters of the default CCI to be Apply to Close, you will find that it will be the same value. If you preferred to use Typical for this code you can update it to PRICE_TYPICAL in the code line of CCIDef.

Thanks,

Mohamed

Mohamed Abdelmaaboud #:

Hello Toto,

Thanks for your comment and nice to meet you again.

First thing, I appreciate that you try applying and testing everything. About your question, the answer is that I wrote the code using PRICE_CLOSE only and this is one of options of the default CCI on Metatrader 5 and if you changed parameters of the default CCI to be Apply to Close, you will find that it will be the same value. If you preferred to use Typical for this code you can update it to PRICE_TYPICAL in the code line of CCIDef.

Thanks,

Mohamed

Hi...

Thanks a lot for your explanation, already corrected and worked well. the question is which price better to use? typical or close?

I found it had better additional reference to decide opening position. In this case, RSI band is used whether on upper band for sell and lower band for buy.

It is just to increase to succeed the probability thus of course, increasing our confidence. In my exercised showed that one indicator is not enough to anticipate trend reversal.

Do you have any suggestion to this matter? please let me know. Especially the reference to define uptrend, sideway and downtrend. 

Cheers,

Toto S 

Files:

Toto Sarono #:

Hi...

Thanks a lot for your explanation, already corrected and worked well. the question is which price better to use? typical or close?

I found it had better additional reference to decide opening position. In this case, RSI band is used whether on upper band for sell and lower band for buy.

It is just to increase to succeed the probability thus of course, increasing our confidence. In my exercised showed that one indicator is not enough to anticipate trend reversal.

Do you have any suggestion to this matter? please let me know. Especially the reference to define uptrend, sideway and downtrend. 

Cheers,

Toto S 

For your illustration about the trend questioning and additional indicator, please refer to the attached file.

Thank you.

Files:
live_trading.jpg  129 kb

Thanks for sharing

John Winsome Munar #:
Thanks for sharing

You are welcome and thanks for your comment.

Reason: