Examples: Secrets of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal: Alerting System

New article Secrets of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal: Alerting System has been published:

How to be aware of what happens in the terminal and on your account without permanent looking at the monitor. System events; custom events; wave and executable files; electronic messages; setting up SMTP server access; publications; setting up FTP server access.

Author: Tatyana

i've set all setting follow your post above, but never got any e-amil
and there is nothing appear in the Journal tab .

pls anyone can tell me , what's wrong?

PS. i use gmail and i set the port to :465 cos i remember that they use the port 465

thank you

think, the standart smtp server working on 25, and terminal configured for working with this port only. Hope, the developers will teke in to account this little trouble.

njel:
think, the standart smtp server working on 25, and terminal configured for working with this port only. Hope, the developers will teke in to account this little trouble.

even i use :25 this appear

08:14:27 Mail: 'Test MAIL' failed
08:14:45 Mail: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first m1sm191840uge

hello,

Is there a way to let MetaTrader sent me SMS to my cellphone (through GSM modem or a cellphone that is connected to PC)?

mostly I need the alert when the connection is lost.

I do get a test message and appear in journal but at real expert signals I don't get any email.
Pls. advise

I DON"T HAVE ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR ALERT,,WHY,

lalilo:
hello,

Is there a way to let MetaTrader sent me SMS to my cellphone (through GSM modem or a cellphone that is connected to PC)?

mostly I need the alert when the connection is lost.

Yes, you can if your cellular operator permits to use their SMTP server without calling to POP3 server. You have to contact your cellular operator's support service for more details.

elmagd2000:
I do get a test message and appear in journal but at real expert signals I don't
get any email.

Pls. advise

You have to check the code of your expert advisor. Please refer to our community for the help.

apache:

I DON"T HAVE ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR ALERT,,WHY,

Please send us the email with detailed description of your SMTP settings at support@metaquotes.ru

vixenme:
njel:

even i use :25 this appear

08:14:27 Mail: 'Test MAIL' failed
08:14:45 Mail: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first m1sm191840uge
The matter is that not all postal services permit to use their SMTP servers without calling POP3 servers. For example,  google.com does not permit it. You can contact your postal service to get the detailed information.
Reason: