Strategy Tester shows message "failed sell stop... [Market closed].

Hi there,

While trying to run a backtest that involves placing a pending sell order on the daily chart I get the strategy tester journal displays the message "failed sell stop.. [Market closed]" as below:

The strategy tester settings are as below:

The trade sessions times are below, but since the test runs on open prices only, I thought trade times wouldn't matter.

Any assistance appreciated.

What is the build of your terminal?

brettles: While trying to run a backtest that involves placing a pending sell order on the daily chart I get the strategy tester journal displays the message "failed sell stop.. [Market closed]" as below: The strategy tester settings are as below: The trade sessions times are below, but since the test runs on open prices only, I thought trade times wouldn't matter. Any assistance appreciated.

According to the Contract specifications, the market is only open between 11:15 and 20:30 on week days, but you are trying to place an order at 00:00 (open prices). The Strategy Tester also simulates the market hours, so your order was not accepted. That has been my experience so far, but I seldom use Open prices so I could be wrong.

Fernando Carreiro #:

According to the Contract specifications, the market is only open between 11:15 and 20:30 on week days, but you are trying to place an order at 00:00 (open prices). The Strategy Tester also simulates the market hours, so your order was not accepted. That has been my experience so far, but I seldom use Open prices so I could be wrong.

Thanks.  I created a custom symbol as a copy of coffee and changed the market times to 24 hr and was able to run the backtest. 

Reason: