Colour code chart tabs

Hello fellow traders and coders,

I have been playing around with mql4 for some time and do have some coding knowledge but I could do with a nudge in the right direction. I am looking for ways to simplify my trading journal and keep track of trade idea's I have in the pipline. One thing I would like to be able to do is colour code the tabs of charts in the mt4 platform. Hence, when I have a chart tab coloured red I know I am waiting for a set up on that chart. any ideas would be much appreciated..

Adam Woods: One thing I would like to be able to do is colour code the tabs of charts in the mt4 platform.
There is no such functionality in MetaTrader.

But could it be coded?

Adam Woods:

any ideas would be much appreciated..

What about using profiles instead?
By that, you can have different profile with a related name, and add chart to it if condition is satisfied or remove existing one if condition is not valid anymore.

Adam Woods #: But could it be coded?

Not in MQL!

It might be possible to "interfere" with MetaTrader's GUI via Windows API, but it will definitely be complicated and not worth the hassle.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Not in MQL!

It might be possible to "interfere" with MetaTrader's GUI via Windows API, but it will definitely be complicated and not worth the hassle.

OK THANKS, you've saved me a lot of time looking for a solution that does not exist

Mohammad Hossein Sadeghi #:
What about using profiles instead?
By that, you can have different profile with a related name, and add chart to it if condition is satisfied or remove existing one if condition is not valid anymore.

ye ok, this is worth a look thanks 

Reason: