Anyone know how I can go about designing my own...

Entry Order Program for Mt5?

The current Entry Order Program has extremely limited pre-sets for Type, Volume, Stop-Loss & Take Profit. By the time I find my desired entry point and click New Order, I have to change the type from Market Execution to Pending Order, enter the Volume, Stoploss, and Take Profit and 90% of the time, the entry price has come and gone and I'm stuck waiting to find the next entry.

The Order Program wouldn't be an EA necessarily, it would simply be a customized Order Entry Program, much like the Position Size Calculator download however, this is an attachment to the MT5/MT4 charts, and I do not use either, I use Tradingview.

I also only trade stocks at the moment, fifteen to be exact. I have my own strategies for position size/volume, stop loss & take profit according to entry price, bid & ask spread, ATR, and reward/risk ratio that can be added as a pre-set. I rarely use Market Orders except in an entry/exit emergency. I use Pending Orders, Limit & Stop Limit Orders 99% of the time. I just want a New Order program that I can click on "New Order", input my Entry Price and the Program automatically selects presets for:

Trade Instrument / Symbol 
- Symbol
- Symbol
- Symbol
- Symbol 

(Total of fifteen Symbols that are preset in alphabetical order.) 

Trade Type
Pending Order (Main Preset - Drop Down Menu)
Immediate Execution Option (Sub-preset - Drop Down Menu) 

Order Type
- Limit Order (Main Preset   - Drop Down Menu
- Market Order Option (Preset - Drop Down Menu)
- Stop Limit Option (Preset - Drop Down Menu)
- Trailing Stop $$ Option (Preset- Drop Down Menu)

Volume
- Volume = 0.75 (Main Preset - Drop Down Menu
- Volume = 1.0 Option (Sub Preset - Drop Down Menu)
- Volume = 1.25 Option (Sub Preset - Drop Down Menu)
- Volume = 1.50 Option (Sub Preset - Drop Down Menu)
- Volume = 2.00 Option (Sub Preset - Drop Down Menu)

Stop Loss & Take Profit
- Stop Loss (Auto-populates a target exit price based on my own customized configuration.)
- Take Profit (Auto-populates a target exit price based on my own customized configuration.)

The Modification / Cancel process can stay the same. I like that part of the program, it's very simple and to the point. Also, if I want to hide, remove or add a new symbol, I can simply use the Hide/Show feature from the
Show Symbol tool. 

If anyone can direct me on how to go about starting this program, I would appreciate it. I have a programmer who can build this in MQL5 however I need a starting point. Also, if a freelance programmer can help me, I'd be greatful to start that conversation also.

Thanks in advance!

Damien Franklin: If anyone can direct me on how to go about starting this program, I would appreciate it. I have a programmer who can build this in MQL5 however I need a starting point. Also, if a freelance programmer can help me, I'd be greatful to start that conversation also.

If you have programmer, then you don't need a starting point. You just need to discuss it with them, giving this information and any other explanations and details that they request.

There is no point in us giving you coding advice if you know nothing about it. Just discuss it with your programmer.

Fernando Carreiro #:

If you have programmer, then you don't need a starting point. You just need to discuss it with them, giving this information and any other explanations and details that they request.

There is no point in us giving you coding advice if you know nothing about it. Just discuss it with your programmer.

Well, he isn't a trader so, he doesn't know the what the program even looks like or how it is supposed to function so I''m leaning towards an experienced programmer who is a trader. Does that make sense?

Damien Franklin #: Well, he isn't a trader so, he doesn't know the what the program even looks like or how it is supposed to function so I''m leaning towards an experienced programmer who is a trader. Does that make sense?

Well, if your programmer is not a trader and has never programmed in MQL or worked with MetaTrader, then he has to plenty of study first, and there is no way you can help him with that. Both of you will be "blind men" trying to lead each other around. It will not work. There is no use in someone giving you a starting point if you then will not understand it enough to be able to teach it to your programmer.

So either, you find a new good programmer with experience with MQL and MetaTrader to code your complete project for you ...or he, you or both, have go on a "long journey" to learn how to code in MQL first.

Just noted now that you are requesting this for Tradingview and not MetaTrader?

Is this correct? If so, why are you asking this on a forum for MQL and MetaTrader when your end goal is a solution for Tradingview?

Also, in your original post your stated that your programmer was for MQL5 and now you say that he does not know anything about trading or how the program would even look like.

Which is it? This seems more and more fishy by the minute!

What is going on here?

Go to the Freelance section, describe your request, and pay a Freelance developer for the job!
Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
  • www.mql5.com
The largest freelance service with MQL5 application developers
Reason: