EA conflicts with multiple terminals on one computer (vps)

Hello, I've read topics on here already regarding creating multiple terminals on one computer. i.e. copy directory folder - rename - create shortcut.. seems like a simple process to have multiple terminals for running different EAs but are there any shared registry settings or other settings in windows directories etc.. that may create conflicts with EAs running on different terminals on same computer?

Had a situation where I was running the same EA on different terminals on the same computer and weird things happened like swapping magic numbers and switching EAs altogher..

Thanks.

Maybe you had 2 instances using the same MQL folder. That's all I can think of.

EAs will not switch Magic Numbers, they are "hard coded" into it (or as input).

srlodge1972:

Hello, I've read topics on here already regarding creating multiple terminals on one computer. i.e. copy directory folder - rename - create shortcut.. seems like a simple process to have multiple terminals for running different EAs but are there any shared registry settings or other settings in windows directories etc.. that may create conflicts with EAs running on different terminals on same computer?

Had a situation where I was running the same EA on different terminals on the same computer and weird things happened like swapping magic numbers and switching EAs altogher..

Thanks.

or the 2 terminals and 2 eas were trading on the same account, and both eas were managing the full list of trades.

Revo Trades #:

or the 2 terminals and 2 eas were trading on the same account, and both eas were managing the full list of trades.

No they are different accounts. That's the reason for then2 terminals , to monitor both accounts

Dominik Egert #:
Maybe you had 2 instances using the same MQL folder. That's all I can think of.

EAs will not switch Magic Numbers, they are "hard coded" into it (or as input).

You're right, my EA creates a different magic number for different purposes.. still learning about them, thanks for the comment.

Hi, you can use only one terminal for running different EAs or same EA for different symbols. However, you need to set up a different magic number for each EAs, use this syntax to select a specific EA:...

if(OrderSymbol()==yourSymbol_i && OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNum_i)

{

...;

}

Reason: