Is it possible to configure different PLOT_LINE_WIDTH in DRAW_ARROW indicator?

Hi,

I have an indicator DRAW_ARROW which plots symbols over the chart. Their default size is configured normally in the initial indicator parameters and can be updated in the loaded indicator's configuration panel. Until here, 100% fine.

The problem is that I'ld like to give an extra signaling to the last 4 arrows ploted by showing them with a size bigger then the default. So let's say the default is 1 and all arrows in history are shown with this size, but the last 4 symbols should have size 5, better calling the attention of the trader.

Is it possible to do this? Or whenever a size configuration is applied to a DRAW_ARROW buffer, it will be enforced in all plotted symbols? PlotIndexSetInteger(0,PLOT_LINE_WIDTH,X); seems that would apply to all symbols and I haven't seen other alternative.

You already know the answer; PLOT_LINE_WIDTH deals with lines, not arrows.

Martin Bittencourt:

Hi,

I have an indicator DRAW_ARROW which plots symbols over the chart. Their default size is configured normally in the initial indicator parameters and can be updated in the loaded indicator's configuration panel. Until here, 100% fine.

The problem is that I'ld like to give an extra signaling to the last 4 arrows ploted by showing them with a size bigger then the default. So let's say the default is 1 and all arrows in history are shown with this size, but the last 4 symbols should have size 5, better calling the attention of the trader.

Is it possible to do this? Or whenever a size configuration is applied to a DRAW_ARROW buffer, it will be enforced in all plotted symbols? PlotIndexSetInteger(0,PLOT_LINE_WIDTH,X); seems that would apply to all symbols and I haven't seen other alternative.

You need to use an additional plot to do that.

Alain Verleyen #:
You need to use an additional plot to do that.

Hmm thanks for the proposed solution!

Martin Bittencourt #: Hmm thanks for the proposed solution!

Instead of just asking how to "give an extra signaling" you asked a different question.
     How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
          The XY Problem

Reason: