Signal Threshold help

I'm new to MT5 and I was playing with the EA. I dont really understood how the EA work with the indicator but I have learned that the variable "Signal threshold value to open" and  "Signal threshold value to close" is used to allow the indicators to turn on or off based on a calculation.

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/standardlibrary/expertclasses/csignal

I read this page and I did not understand were do they take the "significance is equal to 100" example 1 or " significance is equal to 10" example 2.

When I do testing, my moving average is never counted as crossed up or down. The EA just buy or sell when it want with relation with my MA.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Library / Strategy Modules / Modules of Trade Signals
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Library / Strategy Modules / Modules of Trade Signals
  • www.mql5.com
Modules of Trade Signals - Strategy Modules - Standard Library - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Files:
MA.jpg  111 kb

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Library / Strategy Modules / Modules of Trade Signals / Signals of the Indicator Moving Average
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Library / Strategy Modules / Modules of Trade Signals / Signals of the Indicator Moving Average
  • www.mql5.com
Signals of the Indicator Moving Average - Modules of Trade Signals - Strategy Modules - Standard Library - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Thanks for your reply, I have already look at this page and it didnt help at all. I have currently made a EA generate with MACD and moving average then when I run the back test there is no trade. I have tried to chance the weight, the signal threshold value and its still not able to make a single trade. This is really weird because I have follow a tutorial with MA and stochastic and it was working. 

you can show your code here to see what the error is, otherwise there is no way we can know what you have done wrong. 

Also if you are new to coding, you should start with mt4. it would be much easier for you

I'm not coding it I'm using  EA generate. I fund the issue related to testing that was not working and it's because I chooses ETHUSD for few days. look like it does not work for a few days on ETH but for Forex yes....

I still dont understand   "significance is equal to 100" example 1 or " significance is equal to 10" example 2.   "Signal threshold value to open" and  "Signal threshold value to close" is used to allow the indicators to turn on or off based on a calculation.

Where do they take the number 10? how do I know what is my  significance for my MA? I need that to calculate with the signal threshold.

carl_carl101 #:

I'm not coding it I'm using  EA generate. I fund the issue related to testing that was not working and it's because I chooses ETHUSD for few days. look like it does not work for a few days on ETH but for Forex yes....

I still dont understand   "significance is equal to 100" example 1 or " significance is equal to 10" example 2.   "Signal threshold value to open" and  "Signal threshold value to close" is used to allow the indicators to turn on or off based on a calculation.

Where do they take the number 10? how do I know what is my  significance for my MA? I need that to calculate with the signal threshold.

it means the value of the signal it takes to open and close a position. not turning anything on or off. you can test which threshold values work better in the strategy tester

Reason: