change the EA properties for several EAs at the same time

Hello,

Is it possible to change the EA properties for several EAs at the same time? 

I have a dozen working EAs and I have to change one parameter from time to time.

I am looking for a manual change from the MT5 level or some "simple" programmable.

Sebastian Skrzynecki: Is it possible to change the EA properties for several EAs at the same time?
  1. No.
  2. If you had coded it/them to read from a single file, then you could just change that.
  3. Do you really mean several different EAs, or one EA on several charts? Big difference. For the later, change the EA, save a template, apply to other charts.

William Roeder #:
  1. No.
  2. If you had coded it/them to read from a single file, then you could just change that.
  3. Do you really mean several different EAs, or one EA on several charts? Big difference. For the later, change the EA, save a template, apply to other charts.

ad1 ok

ad2 ok

ad3 yes you are right, one EA applied to many charts.

Now I change each separately "properties, change, save" I will check if the template change propagates parameter changes, because it probably doesn't work like that

Sebastian Skrzynecki #:

ad1 ok

ad2 ok

ad3 yes you are right, one EA applied to many charts.

Now I change each separately "properties, change, save" I will check if the template change propagates parameter changes, because it probably doesn't work like that

You can create a script that iterates through charts and sets template using  ChartApplyTemplate() 

Then you change parameter on one chart, save the template and run the script to apply the template on other charts.

Documentation on MQL5: Chart Operations / ChartApplyTemplate
Documentation on MQL5: Chart Operations / ChartApplyTemplate
  • www.mql5.com
ChartApplyTemplate - Chart Operations - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Drazen Penic #:

You can create a script that iterates through charts and sets template using  ChartApplyTemplate() 

Then you change parameter on one chart, save the template and run the script to apply the template on other charts.

nice idea, admittedly not the height of dreams and elegance, but it works. Maybe someday we will find something more elegant :) but we have to remember that it is only/just MQL5 and MT5 :)

Reason: