Newbie question about source codes and executable files

I just got an updated version of an EA, to replace an older version that was having errors. Should I have both the new source file as well as new executable file in the expert/advisors folder? Is the source code file necessary to be in there, or it that just for editing the executable file if needed. Should i remove the old source code and executable file completely from that folder...or do they still have a use now that I have an updated version? Thanks in advance :)

And I save all versions of my files (indicators, advisors, scripts) using the Storage. Thus, I always have a * .mg5 file - the latest version.
Working with Storage - Projects and MQL5 Storage - MetaEditor Help
Working with Storage - Projects and MQL5 Storage - MetaEditor Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The MQL5 Storage (or repository) only works with the MQL5 (or MQL4) folder of the trading platform, and with the special Shared Projects directory...

Soul8:
I just got an updated version of an EA, to replace an older version that was having errors. Should I have both the new source file as well as new executable file in the expert/advisors folder? Is the source code file necessary to be in there, or it that just for editing the executable file if needed. Should i remove the old source code and executable file completely from that folder...or do they still have a use now that I have an updated version? Thanks in advance :)
1. source code is not related to your ex5 or ex4. 
2. old version and new version is independent of each other