Computer crashes when trying to scan 4000 symbols in MT5

I've been trying to get freelancers to make me a scanner for 4000 symbols, for MT5, that works under 5-10 minutes. The tmeframe being scanned is weekly and Monthly. Having task manager open sees the ram and/or disk usage hitting 100%, leading to crash, and this repeats every time with different settings and with different approaches and modification in the code.

One developer suspects that having an HDD and not an SSD, is an issue, but for me the problem is still in MT5 and in "what to do" to solve it in the code, because in MT4 there is NOT the same issue, and also the developer made me notice that while MT4 separate history files in hst for each timeframe, instead MT5 uses hcc files one for every year, not separated by timeframes. I supect that also behind this can hide the issue.

However, we haven't found a solution. I ask if someone who has experimented a similar issue can help. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thank you.

Jox90:

I've been trying to get freelancers to make me a scanner for 4000 symbols, for MT5, that works under 5-10 minutes. The tmeframe being scanned is weekly and Monthly. Having task manager open sees the ram and/or disk usage hitting 100%, leading to crash, and this repeats every time with different settings and with different approaches and modification in the code.

One developer suspects that having an HDD and not an SSD, is an issue, but for me the problem is still in MT5 and in "what to do" to solve it in the code, because in MT4 there is NOT the same issue, and also the developer made me notice that while MT4 separate history files in hst for each timeframe, instead MT5 uses hcc files one for every year, not separated by timeframes. I supect that also behind this can hide the issue.

However, we haven't found a solution. I ask if someone who has experimented a similar issue can help. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thank you.

Have you tried through a simple script looping once into each symbols?

Another solution could be making different files for each type of instrument, for example: 28 major crosses, commodities, exotics, nasdaq...

In anycase it will take a lot of resources  to complete the task and the platform could have to be restarted after completion  but  there is a work around to browse any number of symbols and bars in Metatrader in an efficient way.

David Diez #:

Have you tried through a simple script looping once into each symbols?

Another solution could be making different files for each type of instrument, for example: 28 major crosses, commodities, exotics, nasdaq...

for different files do you mean different hcc files (history files)?

Carlos Albert Barbero Marcos #:

In anycase it will take a lot of resources  to complete the task and the platform could have to be restarted after completion  but  there is a work around to browse any number of symbols and bars in Metatrader in an efficient way.

I'm sure there is a solution beyond computer resources, in the code. it's very strange that in MT4 you can do it, and in MT5 not. Probably very few people know the solution, but I'm sure there is, otherwise it's a bug that should be reported to Metaquotes.

MT6 accesses series the same way on any program type  EA , indicator, script or service. It just take a different approach to circonvent its limits but indeed it could be done and it has been done. I never tried on MT4 but I suspect it is more of the same, very limited relatively as far as series saccess is concerned, if I remember well.

Jox90 #:

for different files do you mean different hcc files (history files)?

List your symbols by category into different scripts, this should work.

Then drag and drop and get alerted.
Reason: