Can you assist how to use OHLC to create signals for Harami candlestick pattern

I am having a problem properly coding OHLC to create signals for executing a trade on Candle[0] for my Harami EA. 
It compiles with no error but not executing trades. I have attached the EA below.
Files:

What is it?

iOpen(m_symbol.Name(), 15, 1)

Have you read the help ?

double  iOpen(
   const string        symbol,          // Symbol
   ENUM_TIMEFRAMES     timeframe,       // Period
   int                 shift            // Shift
   );

What is it?

if((iOpen(m_symbol.Name(), 15, 2) - iClose(m_symbol.Name(), 15, 2)) > 0)    // 2nd candle before current must be bearish
           {
              {
               m_need_open_buy=true;
               return;
              }

Drop the 'm_need_open_buy' variable and the 'm_need_open_sell' variable from the code.

Vladimir Karputov #:

What is it?

Have you read the help ?

15 is the Period_M15. I want the EA to only look for the signal in the M15 timeframe.  

Brian Jaka # :
15 is the Period_M15. I want the EA to only look for the signal in the M15 timeframe.  

Have you read the help? (Note, I point out to you for the SECOND time that you DO NOT READ the help). There are no '1' ... '15' - the timeframe is set using ENUM_TIMEFRAMES

PERIOD_CURRENT,
      PERIOD_M1,PERIOD_M2,PERIOD_M3,
      PERIOD_M4,PERIOD_M5,PERIOD_M6,
      PERIOD_M10,PERIOD_M12,PERIOD_M15,
      PERIOD_M20,PERIOD_M30,PERIOD_H1,
      PERIOD_H2,PERIOD_H3,PERIOD_H4,
      PERIOD_H6,PERIOD_H8,PERIOD_H12,
      PERIOD_D1,PERIOD_W1,PERIOD_MN1
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Chart Timeframes
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Chart Timeframes
  • www.mql5.com
Chart Timeframes - Chart Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Vladimir Karputov #:

Have you read the help? (Note, I point out to you for the SECOND time that you DO NOT READ the help). There are no '1' ... '15' - the timeframe is set using ENUM_TIMEFRAMES

Yes yes i read the help and changed the script to ENUM_TIMEFRAMES. I forgot to mention that. But thank you for the response

Vladimir Karputov #:

What is it?

Isn't in this case the "if" statement has to state the first candle before current, which must be bullish?

if((iOpen(m_symbol.Name(), PERIOD_15, 1) - iClose(m_symbol.Name(), PERIOD_15, 1)) > 0)    // 1st candle before current must be bullish

So that if (first candle from current is bullish and second candle from current is bearish),

execute a buy at the open of current candle.

Like this:

if((iOpen(m_symbol.Name(), PERIOD_15, 1) - iClose(m_symbol.Name(), PERIOD_15, 1)) < 0) &&  //1st candle must be bullish
if((iOpen(m_symbol.Name(), PERIOD_15, 2) - iClose(m_symbol.Name(), PERIOD_15, 2)) > 0)     //2nd candle must be bearish
           {
              {
               m_need_open_buy=true;
               return;
              }

Brian Jaka #:

Isn't in this case the "if" statement has to state the first candle before current, which must be bullish?

So that if (first candle from current is bullish and second candle from current is bearish),

execute a buy at the open of current candle.

Like this:

Vladimir Karputov #:

i have dropped  'm_need_open_buy' variable and the 'm_need_open_sell' variable from the code  

Its compiling with no errors. I am just not sure yet of the condition i added (Candle bar 1)

void OnTick()
  {
//--- 
   double Ask=NormalizeDouble(SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_ASK),_Digits);  // calculate the Ask price
   double Bid=NormalizeDouble(SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_BID),_Digits);  // calculate the Bid price
   string signal  ="";                                                        // Create a string for the signal
   int    digits  =(int)SymbolInfoInteger(_Symbol,SYMBOL_DIGITS);             // number of decimal places  
   double point   =SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_POINT);                    // point
   double SellSL  =Bid-InpStopLossPts*point;                                  // unnormalized SL value
          SellSL  =NormalizeDouble(SellSL,digits);                            // normalizing Stop Loss 
   double SellTP  =Bid+InpTakeProfitPts*point;                                // unnormalized TP value
          SellTP  =NormalizeDouble(SellTP,digits);                            // normalizing Take Profit 
   double BuySL   =Ask-InpStopLossPts*point;                                  // unnormalized SL value
          BuySL   =NormalizeDouble(BuySL,digits);                             // normalizing Stop Loss 
   double BuyTP   =Ask+InpTakeProfitPts*point;                                // unnormalized TP value
          BuyTP   =NormalizeDouble(BuyTP,digits);                              // normalizing Take Profit

//--- work only at the time of the birth of new bar
   datetime time_0=iTime(m_symbol.Name(),Period(),0);
   if(time_0==m_prev_bars)
      return;
   m_prev_bars=time_0;
//--- Condition for opening BUY position
//--- check volume before OrderSend to avoid "not enough money" error (CTrade)
      double free_margin_check=m_account.FreeMarginCheck(m_symbol.Name(),
                               ORDER_TYPE_BUY,
                               m_symbol.LotsMin(),
                               m_symbol.Ask());
      double margin_check=m_account.MarginCheck(m_symbol.Name(),
                          ORDER_TYPE_BUY,
                          m_symbol.LotsMin(),
                          m_symbol.Ask());
   if(free_margin_check>margin_check) 

if((iOpen(m_symbol.Name(), PERIOD_M15, 1) - iClose(m_symbol.Name(), PERIOD_M15, 1)) < 0)     //1st candle must be bullish
     if((iOpen(m_symbol.Name(), PERIOD_M15, 2) - iClose(m_symbol.Name(), PERIOD_M15, 2)) > 0)    //2nd candle must be bearish        
      {
       if(InpPrintLog)
       Print(__FILE__," ",__FUNCTION__,", OK: ","Signal BUY");
       m_trade.Buy(m_symbol.LotsMin(),m_symbol.Name(),m_symbol.Ask(),BuySL,BuyTP);
     }
   else
      m_prev_bars=0;
//---
  }           

If you are looking for a condition only at the moment of the birth of a new bar, why are you doing this AT EVERY TICK?

double Ask= NormalizeDouble ( SymbolInfoDouble ( _Symbol , SYMBOL_ASK ), _Digits );   // calculate the Ask price
   double Bid= NormalizeDouble ( SymbolInfoDouble ( _Symbol , SYMBOL_BID ), _Digits );   // calculate the Bid price
   string signal  = "" ;                                                         // Create a string for the signal
   int     digits  =( int ) SymbolInfoInteger ( _Symbol , SYMBOL_DIGITS );             // number of decimal places  
   double point   = SymbolInfoDouble ( _Symbol , SYMBOL_POINT );                     // point
   double SellSL  =Bid-InpStopLossPts*point;                                   // unnormalized SL value
          SellSL  = NormalizeDouble (SellSL,digits);                             // normalizing Stop Loss 
   double SellTP  =Bid+InpTakeProfitPts*point;                                 // unnormalized TP value
          SellTP  = NormalizeDouble (SellTP,digits);                             // normalizing Take Profit 
   double BuySL   =Ask-InpStopLossPts*point;                                   // unnormalized SL value
          BuySL   = NormalizeDouble (BuySL,digits);                             // normalizing Stop Loss 
   double BuyTP   =Ask+InpTakeProfitPts*point;                                 // unnormalized TP value
          BuyTP   = NormalizeDouble (BuyTP,digits);                               // normalizing Take Profit
Reason: